Page 108 of 820 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 8191

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Finished watching the inaugural season of "Patriot" on amazon prime. If you enjoy the Coen brothers... "Fargo" et al, Breaking Bad and shows of their ilk, this will be right up your alley. A thought provoking mixture of humor, drama and the absurd.

Started this one last night and watched three episodes before I got smart and went to sleep. I really like it.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I gave up on Breaking Bad somewhere in Season 2 or 3 because I just couldn't stand watching some of the choices the main characters were making.
    The show makes a lot more sense when you realize Walt's the bad guy.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    SPOILER ALERT - Consider not reading below if you haven't watched the show and think you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    The show makes a lot more sense when you realize Walt's the bad guy.
    I got that, though I didn't enjoy watching him become quite such a bad guy. I think the show was brilliant and the episode where Jesse tried to dispose of a body in a bathtub was hysterical. Watching Walt and his wife develop was uncomfortable but also kind of fascinating. I was on the fence for a few episodes - compelling show but difficult and uncomfortable to watch them be so nasty and suspicious. I had enough when Walt watched Jesse's girlfriend choke in her own vomit basically because she was inconvenient. He struggled with the decision. He teared up. It was great TV. Fuck that. Life's too short and I deal with enough assholes in real life. I don't need to deal with them on TV too. Plus, I kept wanting to punch that whiny son in the face and he's a cripple, so that made ME feel like an asshole. I may go back and try again some day. I know a lot of smart people whose judgement I trust who think it was one of the best shows ever produced. For now, though, I'm out.

Started watching Last Man Standing on Netflix. Stars Tim Allen.
    Pretty cute show
    Last edited by Bobcat; 05-14-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Site Supporter
    Took my wife and kids to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol II yesterday. Pretty darn good, but was more excited by the new Star Wars trailer. I'm a Star Wars junky.

We like to go to the movies, but I haven't been able to carve out the time in a while due to graduate school. I'm between classes for the next couple of weeks, though, so I'm gonna shoot and we're going to the movies on Satudays.

Site Supporter
    Season 2 of The Last Kingdom is now available on Netflix. I'm 2 episodes in and it is just as good as last season.

"Kubo and the two strings". Visually brilliant. The work that goes into making a feature-length film with stop-action animation is mindboggling.

With it being Mothers Day AND having my wife's sister in town.....I somehow pulled off John Wick- so I watched it again!! They even enjoyed it

King Charles III, on PBS. The Queen is dead, long live King Charles.

Definitely not Shakespeare's strongest.

Seriously, take all the brooding, dull, boring crap from Shakespeare's historical, set it in the near future...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    My wife wanted to watch La La Land tonight. We all started in the same room, I lasted less than ten minutes before I started reading a book. Ended up in the living room with my daughter, who said it's too formulaic and annoying characterizations (my interpretation of what she said was bugging her) and we played guitars and read books while my wife and son finished the movie.

User Tag List