Page 103 of 818 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 8171

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Looking for a recommendation on a good LEO movie. Semi-realistic if possible.
    If you're down for a documentary, I thought The Seven-Five was well done. Not flattering, but didn't seem out-for-blood either.

Looking for a recommendation on a good LEO movie. Semi-realistic if possible.
    Not a movie, but Southland was pretty decent in my opinion. End of Watch was ok, but at times a little over the top. Colors is old but good. I'm binge watching Bosch right now and loving it, that's another good one. All LAPD based, so not a lot of variety there, but I though all were decent at least.

I enjoyed "End Of Watch". Had a good mix of humor, drama and buddy schtick to make it worthwhile. Wife liked it too. (But yeah, these movies always stretch reality.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I enjoyed "End Of Watch". Had a good mix of humor, drama and buddy schtick to make it worthwhile. Wife liked it too. (But yeah, these movies always stretch reality.)
    I was thinking about End of Watch- looks entertaining. Glad to see a good review.

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Not a movie, but Southland was pretty decent in my opinion. End of Watch was ok, but at times a little over the top. Colors is old but good. I'm binge watching Bosch right now and loving it, that's another good one. All LAPD based, so not a lot of variety there, but I though all were decent at least.
    Flew thru the first two seasons of Bosch in less than ten days! Went on amazon and downloaded The Black Echo for my Kindle

I am definitely going to check The Seven Five out- thanks for the link.
    Last edited by holmes168; 04-29-2017 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Forgot quote

John Wick 1. Wife bought it for me when I was sick. She is a good wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am definitely going to check The Seven Five out- thanks for the link.
    My wife lived in that precinct her whole life until we married and moved to South FL, and I worked with some of the detectives there in years past. I don't remember coming across Dowd or his partner but I know the area very well.

My neighbor's son edited that film. (Neighbor's a deputy with the local sheriff's office, a couple months younger than me.) We watched the film in his home when it came out.

Having been exposed to similar corruption in my own cases, the film provides an interesting depiction of street life in a tough section of Brooklyn back in the 80's

I gave his son some info, at his request, about some old cases to give some ideas for future projects.
    Last edited by blues; 04-29-2017 at 10:36 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    John Wick 1. Wife bought it for me when I was sick. She is a good wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've got part 2 pre-ordered- think it releases 5/21!

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    American Crime Story: The People vs OJ Simpson (Netflix) - This has got to be the best thing I've seen in years, and is easily on the list of best ever. Absolutely fantastic.

I was 11 during the trial, so I was aware of the whole absurdist spectacle, but the minutia was totally lost on me. This series captures the mania perfectly and is evidently fairly true to the events.

The casting is almost perfect. I can never see David Schwimmer as anyone other than Ross, but that's not his fault, as he does a great job here. John Travolta, who I've never considered as a "real actor," hits it out of the park. It's weird watching him, his mannerisms are so different.

Cuba Gooding Jr is an okay OJ, but he really doesn't have much to do other than yell and look frustrated. Sarah Paulson and Sterling K. Brown make for a competent prosecution team, and the hell the tabloids put them through is hard to watch.

The star though is Courtney B. Vance. That guy's Johnnie Cochran will make your skin crawl every time you see him on screen (much like the real Cochran). He's apparently been around for a long time, but I wasn't familiar with him. Career-defining performance.

The show's so good, I'm tempted to read the books it's based on. Highly recommended, just be prepared to be furious all over again.
    Just finished the three day marathon of this one. I agree. It's excellent. I also agree with your review of the actors. I remember Courtney B. Vance from an 80's Vietnam flick, 'Hamburger Hill'. He was the stand out in that one as well even as an unknown at that time.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List