Page 102 of 817 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Suicide Squad on cable. That was one of the stupidest movies in history. What a load of crap from plot, gun usage, acting, etc. Will Smith plays some super gun based assassin. So he is supposed to show off on the range by shooting a series of steel targets. Bang, Bang - well, I know folks who shoot fast enough to almost match him. The big deal was that he could shoot in the same hole and wear the hole through the steel - yawn. The special forces were incompetent in fighting monsters - but a psych woman in hot pants (and no powers) could take them down with a ball bat. The Joker actor stunk and had no menace to him as compared to Heath Ledger (who was a real scary psychopath).

Most of the DC movies stink. Some a little less than others. But they stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    I just watched "Hitting the Apex" If you are a motorcycle guy or a racing guy(or girl, sorry y'all) you'll enjoy this.
    Thanks, on the list. There was some IOM thing right under I in the search that got tagged too...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Yep, Fortitude season two pretty much sucked. Beware. Waiting on Gomorrah season two. Lotta killin gone happen I bet.

Been rewatching burn notice. Into season 6, I really liked the show. Even if it is a little corny. Also just watched episode 1 season 3 Bosch. One of my favorites for sure.

Had to go back three decades...

"This is my weapon; this is my gun... this is for fightin'; this is for fun."

This one used to motivate me to hit the range or at least do something active, but now I seem to be craving a jelly doughnut.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Finished season 3 of Bosch last night in a half season marathon. Looking forward to season 4 and picking up the dangling threads where they left off.
    Last edited by blues; 04-25-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    American Crime Story: The People vs OJ Simpson (Netflix) - This has got to be the best thing I've seen in years, and is easily on the list of best ever. Absolutely fantastic.

I was 11 during the trial, so I was aware of the whole absurdist spectacle, but the minutia was totally lost on me. This series captures the mania perfectly and is evidently fairly true to the events.

The casting is almost perfect. I can never see David Schwimmer as anyone other than Ross, but that's not his fault, as he does a great job here. John Travolta, who I've never considered as a "real actor," hits it out of the park. It's weird watching him, his mannerisms are so different.

Cuba Gooding Jr is an okay OJ, but he really doesn't have much to do other than yell and look frustrated. Sarah Paulson and Sterling K. Brown make for a competent prosecution team, and the hell the tabloids put them through is hard to watch.

The star though is Courtney B. Vance. That guy's Johnnie Cochran will make your skin crawl every time you see him on screen (much like the real Cochran). He's apparently been around for a long time, but I wasn't familiar with him. Career-defining performance.

The show's so good, I'm tempted to read the books it's based on. Highly recommended, just be prepared to be furious all over again.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    American Crime Story: The People vs OJ Simpson (Netflix) - This has got to be the best thing I've seen in years, and is easily on the list of best ever. Absolutely fantastic...The show's so good, I'm tempted to read the books it's based on. Highly recommended, just be prepared to be furious all over again.
    I met Judge Ito at the Blade Show some years ago and after introducing myself and identifying my occupation, we had a frank discussion about the case. I won't post his comments here without permission but suffice it to say he had his own theory about how he did it. He was as stunned as the rest of us by the verdict.
    Last edited by blues; 04-29-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Looking for a recommendation on a good LEO movie. Semi-realistic if possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Looking for a recommendation on a good LEO movie. Semi-realistic if possible.
    I'm not qualified to give opinion on its realism or lack thereof, but have you seen True Detective Season 1 ? I thought it was pretty good.

User Tag List