Page 100 of 820 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

My friend turned me onto The Expanse. Yeah, I'm hooked. Probably the best sci-fi I've seen on TV since Battlestar Gallactica. Binged watched since last Fri. In Season 2 / Episode 5. Really really good.

Site Supporter
    I've been bored with TV lately and watching episodes of Dragon Ball Super and Trails to Tsukiji online.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Fortitude (Amazon Prime) - A small, isolated, island town in Norway plays host to multiple overlapping love triangles along with a convicted murderer, an un-convicted murderer, a rapist, a dying alcoholic, a conspiratorial miner, a desperate governess, a psychotic off his meds, and a school teacher intent on super-sizing his BBW.

And then things get weird. I won't spoil how, but it's a horror series.

The first season was fantastic and featured the likes of Stanley Tucci, Michael Gambon, Darren Boyd (who I knew from Spy; if you like British "humour" and you haven't seen Spy, you're wrong) and a host of other fantastic actors who aren't quite as well recognized. All the different subplots are expertly woven together and iteratively revealed - you won't have things figured out until the final episode or two.

I'm pretty iffy on the second season: it seems to be going in a much different direction than the first, and the location and general creep-factor are the only things in common thus far (I'm not very far in). Regardless, the first season is recommended if you like scary mysteries.

ETA: All of it's in English, and the accents aren't such that they require subtitles... most of the time.
    Last edited by Chance; 04-18-2017 at 01:06 PM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Fortitude (Amazon Prime) - A small, isolated, island town in Norway plays host to multiple overlapping love triangles along with a convicted murderer, an un-convicted murderer, a rapist, a dying alcoholic, a conspiratorial miner, a desperate governess, a psychotic off his meds, and a school teacher intent on super-sizing his BBW.

And then things get weird. I won't spoil how, but it's a horror series.

The first season was fantastic and featured the likes of Stanley Tucci, Michael Gambon, Darren Boyd (who I knew from Spy; if you like British "humour" and you haven't seen Spy, you're wrong) and a host of other fantastic actors who aren't quite as well recognized. All the different subplots are expertly woven together and iteratively revealed - you won't have things figured out until the final episode or two.

I'm pretty iffy on the second season: it seems to be going in a much different direction than the first, and the location and general creep-factor are the only things in common thus far (I'm not very far in). Regardless, the first season is recommended if you like scary mysteries.

ETA: All of it's in English, and the accents aren't such that they require subtitles... most of the time.
    We watched the (convoluted) first season and mostly liked it. Haven't gotten to the second season on amazon yet.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Finished season one of Fortitude last week and really liked it. I'm with Chance on season two so far after the first few episodes.

Netflix:

Finally got around to checking out the first two episodes of iZombie last night. Light, often sarcastic humor blended with a decent premise for the story line. So far I like it. Nothing thought provoking (so far anyway) but rather a light, entertaining detective series with a brain eating twist. Definitely the cutest zombie I've seen on the screen.

Watched the 1st episode of the new season of Fargo last night and it was aces!
    Instagram @JuryTrialJedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mobettadefense View Post
    Watched the 1st episode of the new season of Fargo last night and it was aces!
    What's that then?

(Always look forward to Fargo. Looks like another fun ride this season. In a beat up 'vette.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Just watched John Wick- the first one........again.........i am very excited for the second to come out.
    After searching through this thread for 45 pages- I am going to start the show Justified on amazon prime. It beat out Bosch and The Man in the High Castle by a smidge.

Site Supporter
    Wife and I love Justified. Sorry to see it end. You will enjoy it!

User Tag List