Page 663 of 818 FirstFirst ... 163563613653661662663664665673713763 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,630 of 8171

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

The Dark Valley on Prime. A "Western" with a twist. 7/10

The 1951 “The Thing from another world”. Classic 50’s monster movie. A DC-3 on skis! It’s fun to see things that show up in later movies like “Alien”. Margaret Sheridan has a great bit as a wisecracking secretary.

Site Supporter
    That is one of the greatest horrror/monster movies ever! Classic academic! Take away lesson, what gun to use on a giant walking carrot. I think they had a full auto carbine but didn't have an effect. However, it was shot through a door so we don't know if it hit.

Line of Separation on Amazon Prime. This miniseries follows a fictional German town (Tannbach) from April 1945 through the Prague Spring in 1968. The town is divided by American/Soviet forces, and becomes known as a 'mini Berlin". Pretty decent series if you're into Cold War dramas.

I’m watching Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. It’s okay. I just read the book. The book is better
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

The Eternals is on Disney now so we watched it last night. I remember when it came out and bombed people said it was because it was so "woke". No, it was just not a good movie.

Watched another episode of the Book of Bobba Fett. Definitely no Mandalorian in my opinion. I would give it a so so rating but it drags it down when you have a crime lord wanna be who doesn't want to use violence to get what he wants. That is Disney for you I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Took my daughters to see Spider-Man: No Way home yesterday.

Easily the best superhero movie we’ve seen in quite some time.

Virtually zero detectable woke.

I had not read anything at all about it so there were several neat things in the movie that weren’t spoiled for me. Also a first in a long time.
    Finally got to see this last weekend, it was really good.

Spoiler thought for those who've seen it:
    hightlight:Aunt May is the real villain. Her bleeding heart nonsense kept everyone else from doing the right thing due to false morality. /highlight

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    One more episode left of what is allegedly the last season of The Expanse. Finished the books which ended well but truly ended.

Thinking they spent a lot of time developing the Cara and Xan characters on the TV show which only makes sense if they’re hoping to carry on at a later time. Please make a season 7 and I promise to be a good boy!
    Man, so many thoughts here. I've really loved this series. The finale was good, I really appreciate that they tried to put an ending on it that created an end that was mostly satifying (the universe is too big to wrap up everything) and can give you an end to the arc, but it's still wide open if someone else can pick up the ball and run with it. The Cara/Xan arc however deserved a better bow tied on it if this really is the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    "That's My Jam" on NBC. Jimmy Fallon puts four celebrities through musical challenges. Family-friendly, great fun. Best performance we've seen so far is Chance the Rapper singing Nelly's "Hot in Herre" in the style of rock-country (and nailing it):
    The one thing I really like about Fallon's tonight show is all the fun musical parody stuff, I think this show is super fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Peacemaker on HBO - a DC superhero spoof. Pretty funny. Worth a mindless watch.
    John Cena can be very funny so I had hopes this would be better than The Suicide Squad... but man this is as bad or worse. Terrible. I didn't even finish the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    The Eternals is on Disney now so we watched it last night. I remember when it came out and bombed people said it was because it was so "woke". No, it was just not a good movie.

Watched another episode of the Book of Bobba Fett. Definitely no Mandalorian in my opinion. I would give it a so so rating but it drags it down when you have a crime lord wanna be who doesn't want to use violence to get what he wants. That is Disney for you I guess.
    I watched the Eternals and it has some element of "turn off the brain and be entertained by the moving pictures" but beyond that it was pretty lame. The story is weak, the characters are not very likeable for the most part, and it just fits a dumb spot. If Celestials are the creative force behind life in the universe no wonder things are fucked up, because their logic and planning is terrible. I know they're planning a sequel, though, and if it's not called "Returnals" i'm going to be pissed.

I'm enjoying Boba but agree all the badassery is in the flashbacks - I'm glad they're not making him into an evil bastard, but at the same time he can still be a ruthless badass and do what needs to be done. He keeps wussing out. There's room to turn it around. I hope we see more Danny Trejo: Rancor Wrangler (new series, anyone?) and Gladius Wookius action before the season wraps up. I really think the street gang is out of place for Tatooine. They would have been a believable add on a more urbanized planet but they are really a weird juxtaposition on Tatooine.

In other ones, yesterday my daughter got me to watch the 4th Hotel Transylvania movie with her, it's new on Prime. Mindless but with some fun silliness and a good way to spend some time snuggling on the couch on a cold windy day.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    It’s possible to be both. Like WW84.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    WW84 was terrible. A total waste for Gal. Watched the latest Superman and Lois - not a bad superhero show. Some conflict with Supes and the DOD. He saves a sinking North Korean sub and puts it ashore in NK. Pentagon wanted him to deliver it to the USA. He said his mission was to save lives and in that be apolitical. That does make some sense. Otherwise he supports the USA but won't make a life saver incident political.

He and Lois are having problems. Clark is powerless before her!

Last night saw Ray Donovan - The Movie. I was disappointed.

Bob

User Tag List