Page 515 of 817 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515516517525565615 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    I think it's a great series. I am anxiously awaiting the last episode to drop. Matthew Rhys's portrayal of Mason as the down and out, angry, and depressed man he is, is brilliant. Shea Whigham plays that same sort of guy he always plays, but he is just so damn good at it. The prosecutor is fabulously played by Stephen Root, who is always phenomenal. Juliet Rylance as Della Street...yum!...even if she does "play for visitor".

The little things that set the show in 1932 are just brilliant. No spoiler here, but when one of the bad guys shakes a tail by running into a parade of Bonus Marchers, I was impressed. Pretty much no one even knows about them any more.

The team making this show doesn't think their audience is stupid or that they can get away with putting on a fedora and having an old car or two make the viewers believe that it's 1932. The attention to detail and good story telling is impressive in this one.

Rosco
    It's the little details that keep me coming back...thought I think some of the acting is a bit overwrought...and the inescapable and highly predictable themes of the day, homosexuality, lesbianism, racism are pushed to the forefront rather than subtly alluded to. I don't like being force fed...regardless of whether I'm sympathetic or not.

I think you bring up good points about its strong suits...for me it could be better, (and admit I am critical by nature when it comes to TV / Movies and reality), though I'd watch another season to see how it develops.

My wife enjoys it.

I'm also looking forward to the season conclusion to see how they wrap things up.

ETA: I like all the actors involved as well, which is what drew me to the show to begin with after reading a couple of poor reviews. I've enjoyed them all in previous efforts.
    Last edited by blues; 08-08-2020 at 10:12 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Operation Toussaint is a documentary about Tim Ballard, an HSI agent who resigned his position to start an organization called Operation Underground Railroad. OUR travels to other countries and partners with the local law enforcement there to arrest human traffickers and free children from sex slavery. This documentary focuses on the formation of the organization and a couple of operations they did in Haiti.
    Thanks for this tip, I really enjoyed (ETA: I didn't "enjoy" it, I should say it was very interesting...) his interview on Candace Owens:
    https://www.prageru.com/video/the-ca...w-tim-ballard/

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Thanks for this tip, I really enjoyed (ETA: I didn't "enjoy" it, I should say it was very interesting...) his interview on Candace Owens:
    https://www.prageru.com/video/the-ca...w-tim-ballard/
    Thanks for the link. I’ll listen to it. Tim Ballard is now my hero.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Thanks for the link. I’ll listen to it. Tim Ballard is now my hero.
    It was disturbing how easy it was for him to go UC as a pedophile, sounded like a white guy in an orphanage in Hatti was just assumed to be there to buy a boy...

The Last Narc on Amazon is really good. I was only 5 so I don't remember it but the abduction, torture and murder of Kiki Camarena has stuck with me since I first learned of it many years ago.

This is why people like me can't be President. I would have rolled that whole fucking country up.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    The Last Narc on Amazon is really good. I was only 5 so I don't remember it but the abduction, torture and murder of Kiki Camarena has stuck with me since I first learned of it many years ago.

This is why people like me can't be President. I would have rolled that whole fucking country up.
    I can tell you that was a terrible day back in 1985...one felt by federal, state and local officers all over the country. The following year was the shootout in Miami...shortly after which I transferred down there from NYC.

Trust me when I tell you that a lot of us wanted to get some payback for Kiki. I still feel it like it was yesterday. There have been a handful of such cases that have stayed with me like this over the years.

Site Supporter
    Exposed It was on the Sci-Fi channel. I didn't remember seeing it at first, but as I got into it I started to remember. It's got a heck of a twist. If nothing else you get to ogle Ana De Amras.
    Name:  AnaDeArmous.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  10.7 KB

Unsolved Mysteries

Been watching the new series on Netflix. Really loving the new layout. Don't get me wrong, nothing will replace Robert Stack. But this new show's pretty good.

I’ve been watching Immigration Nation on Netflix. I have no idea who at DHS signed off on allowing the footage to be aired but they should probably have a stern talking-to. The show doesn’t even pretend to be objective. There are three types of people interviewed: federal employees (ICE, BP, etc), the illegal aliens, and pro-immigration activists. They never seemed to interview people who weren’t directly involved in the system who agreed that the government should regulate immigration. I’ll give it to Netflix, they did a great job editing the footage and interviews to get their anti Trump message across. After watching about half the season so far, it makes ME want to abolish ICE.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I’ve been watching Immigration Nation on Netflix. I have no idea who at DHS signed off on allowing the footage to be aired but they should probably have a stern talking-to. The show doesn’t even pretend to be objective. There are three types of people interviewed: federal employees (ICE, BP, etc), the illegal aliens, and pro-immigration activists. They never seemed to interview people who weren’t directly involved in the system who agreed that the government should regulate immigration. I’ll give it to Netflix, they did a great job editing the footage and interviews to get their anti Trump message across. After watching about half the season so far, it makes ME want to abolish ICE.
    That is as good a critique of the power of the media and selective presentation as can be made in one sentence.

There is no way for folks to know what they don't know without someone standing up and presenting the facts...and even then, there is no way for the lay person to ever know when he's being lied to or being told the truth. That is a frightening reality and in my view the people are truly caught on the horns of a dilemma.

User Tag List