Page 755 of 812 FirstFirst ... 255655705745753754755756757765805 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,550 of 8111

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Series finale of Succession last night. Very satisfied. Lots of shows end and you think “well, they screwed that up”. Not here, super well done.

And the commentary after from the writer and the director, explaining some of the thought behind it, made it even better.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    The Death Star had a tractor beam.

(I'll go back to my basement bedroom now.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Not only the Death Star, but Star Destroyers as well (how they drew the Tantive IV into the hanger bay thingy after they knocked out the engines).
    Now we know who the nerds are.

I was going to make the same statements.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    FUBAR
    Attachment 105219
    Oh my gosh this thing is stupid! It took me partway into the second episode for me to realize it was on purpose. Once I caught on, I started to enjoy it. If you watch it, keep an eye out for stuff in the background, photos, posters, props. For example, in a scene where a super nerd is about to get lucky, the camera pans off the couple to one of his action figures. The doll's head is shaped like a spermatozoa. In another scene the same super nerd refers to the tractor beams in "Starwars." For you non-nerds, tractor beams were in "Star Trek."
    The ridiculous depiction of firearms and weapons is so over the top that it too has to be intentional.
    You've got Arnold doing what ever it is Arnold does. I wouldn't call it acting, but it is entertaining. Then you've got 3 smoking hot babes.
    Attachment 105220

I'd say it's worth checking out.
    I'll have to give it another go. I got about halfway through the first episode and turned it off, but your post has convinced me it might be worth a watch.

Chris

Site Supporter
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel series finale aired. I never saw the first season because I thought it was a “ladies show” but I have seen season 2-5. Great show and it ended well. I’m looking forward to whatever the creators come up with next and I think I’ll go back and watch season 1.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Series finale of Succession last night. Very satisfied. Lots of shows end and you think “well, they screwed that up”. Not here, super well done.

And the commentary after from the writer and the director, explaining some of the thought behind it, made it even better.
    I agree. I really enjoyed the show.

Here is an excellent 2 minute video someone did editing a bunch of scenes with Tom and Greg to a soundtrack:

FUBAR
    Attachment 105219
    Oh my gosh this thing is stupid! It took me partway into the second episode for me to realize it was on purpose. Once I caught on, I started to enjoy it. If you watch it, keep an eye out for stuff in the background, photos, posters, props. For example, in a scene where a super nerd is about to get lucky, the camera pans off the couple to one of his action figures. The doll's head is shaped like a spermatozoa. In another scene the same super nerd refers to the tractor beams in "Starwars." For you non-nerds, tractor beams were in "Star Trek."
    The ridiculous depiction of firearms and weapons is so over the top that it too has to be intentional.
    You've got Arnold doing what ever it is Arnold does. I wouldn't call it acting, but it is entertaining. Then you've got 3 smoking hot babes.
    Attachment 105220

I'd say it's worth checking out.
    Just finished it last night and really enjoyed it.

I viewed it as a comedy more than anything else.

Across The Spider-Verse. Liked it very much.

Site Supporter
    We have a crunchyroll subscription. Came across the Saga of Evil Tanya. This is an interesting concept. A salary man from Tokyo is killed for being a SOB. A god reincarnates him into the body of a little girl in an alternate Europe with a merged version of WWI and II going on. No Hitler, Germany is under a Kaiser. There is magic plus WWI, II tech. The military nuance is flying mages who carry bolt action or semi rifles that have the magic ability to hit like artillery. There are dog fights between the mages of various countries (variants of ours) and mages vs. planes. For animation the dog fights and ground attack are pretty well done.

The heroine was a sociopath and stays one. In the body of an 11 year old, her magical and military abilities led her up to being a Lt. Colonel for the 'Germans'. These Germans are not as despicable as the Nazis or even the WWI Germans.

It's an interesting world and no real heroes or the 'right' side. Tanya is not a typical character. The mages' flying ability is interesting as they can't go above breathing level atmosphere (yet) and are directed by ground control radar by radio. They shoot by iron sights at speed - I guess being magical allows you to do that. Speed is about 100 mph tops.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Just finished Rabbit Hole on Paramount and enjoyed it. Lots of twists and turns, so not a casual watch, and there was a fair amount of humor in the series.

Currently working on Citadel on Prime and yeah, it's wildly over the top. Meh.

FUBAR
    Oh my gosh this thing is stupid! It took me partway into the second episode for me to realize it was on purpose. Once I caught on, I started to enjoy it.
    "Stupid" is a pretty good summary. I give the series a solid "meh"; I'm two episodes in and don't feel any particular desire to keep watching. Kind of a pity, the series had potential to be amusing, but the way it's made just doesn't click for me.

Blood & Gold is a German movie that takes place during the final days of World War II. A group of SS soldiers seek a hidden treasure in a town and clash with a farm girl and a deserter from their own ranks.

To me, the movie felt like someone was trying to copycat Quentin Tarantino's work, just with a poorer supporting cast and soundtrack. The movie flipflops between being a serious war movie and over the top splatter comedy. Don't expect the plot to make much sense. Along with Quentin Tarantino, the movie heavily borrows from a couple war movies, westerns, and modern action movies like Extraction. The end result is... a bit odd. Watchable, even amusing, but don't expect anything more than an hour and half of low IQ entertainment.

User Tag List