Page 458 of 819 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508558 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How was Zero?
    Curious on this too as I'm a Gomorrah fan.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How was Zero?
    Zero, Zero, Zero was actually not bad, the story/plot line unfolds in 3 differnet countries with 3 pivotal characters. You can see good character development and story telling. This is not the typical good/bad guy series. It's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    "The VelociPastor,"
    OK, I haven't actually SEEN it but hey, a preacher who lets a hooker convince him to use his ability to turn into a dinosaur to fight crime, and Ninjas. It's gotta be a classic.
    I can't wait to watch this! Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dsa View Post
    I can't wait to watch this! Thanks.
    Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    But Katheryn...well, she keeps on ticking.
    When her final episode on Vikings was announced, they also mentioned that she is cast in a new series The Big Sky
    IIRC, they said she is one of the main characters, a police detective.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    When her final episode on Vikings was announced, they also mentioned that she is cast in a new series The Big Sky
    IIRC, they said she is one of the main characters, a police detective.
    I'll be watching.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Just binged Dracula on Netflix.

I really liked it. This Dracula was channeling Brian Cox as Hannibal Lecter from Manhunter 1986.

Witty, malicious, punny and evil.

The first Ep is the Harker story. Ep 2 is the voyage aboard the Demeter(which is usually skipped in movies) and the final Ep about the consequences of his time in England.

I think we are up to episode 3 of Ozark season 3. I’m not really feeling the metoo themes so far but I’m hopeful that these women will get their comeuppance. I’m finding Wendy’s alleged new strength to be nonsense, although seeing the end of Carl’s nagging wife was gratifying.

Similar for Westworld. I think we’ve maybe watched 2 eiposdes of the new season? Already tired of watching yet another feckless eunuch follow Delores around. Hoping the man in black returns to make it watchable again.

Finished Watchmen a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed it, but I even liked the movie so... but again with the girl power nonsense.

Berlin Station

I don’t THINK this has been mentioned previously, apologies if it has.

For mindless entertainment on quarantine nights I’ve been enjoying Berlin Station. I’m about 2/3 of the way through Season 1, but I got a preview of Season 3 when I idiotically watched the first episode of Season 3 instead of Season 1. It certainly hadn’t lost a step, and I was a little bummed that I had to disengage and start from the beginning.

As the title suggests, it is centered on the CIA station in Berlin. Pretty good character development and while there’s a healthy dose of derring-do, and the occasional shoot up and other violence, the focus is office relationships and politics, intra-agency politics, and interagency relationships, particularly the relationship with the German BfV. The creator is Olen Steinhauer, who has written a series of good spy thrillers set in the old Eastern Bloc, and more recently some contemporary thrillers. For some reason I didn’t care for his last one, or maybe it was the one before that, but generally they are well done.

If you’ve ever been to Berlin you’ll also like the cityscape shots.

I would recommend it as a pleasant diversion.

It’s on Epix, for which there is a free 30-day trial through Amazon Prime, and then 5.99/month thereafter which you can cancel at any time. I suppose you can also get Epix independently of Prime but I haven’t looked into that. I’ve noted my calendar to cancel before the 30 days is up, but I’m enjoying it so I may keep it for a few months so Epix gets a few pennies as a reward for their nice work.

Site Supporter
    OK, what I'm gonna recommend is neither a tv nor a movie. But...the book I'm reading will definitively keep all of you turning pages. It's: "First Freedom: A Ride Through America's Enduring History With The Gun," by David Harsanyi. I bought it from Amazon for $11.99 (Kindle version). Mr. Harsanyi not only gives you the best timeline I've ever seen regarding the development of ALL firearms, but the history lesson of our American Revolution is simply the best. Spoiler here: I'm a huge fan of all history, especially American history. I am currently reading a part where he's leading the reader through the "recruiting process" that was used to enlist snipers for the colonies. These first American snipers' shooting will blow you away. Everybody...I promise you - you won't be bored or sorry.

Check it out!

User Tag List