Page 543 of 818 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543544545553593643 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,430 of 8171

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Currently watching The Queens Gambit. A show about chess??? It's enthralling, well filmed, and a good story. Doesn't hurt that Anya Taylor-Joy is a stunningly beautiful woman.

I've put "Queen's Gambit" on the to be watched list. Seems to be getting a lot of positive reviews.

Looks like several shows we have watched will be returning in the next few weeks. Feast or famine.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Doomsday: a deadly virus appears in Scotland, so the British government seals off the entire area and leaves the population to die. 35 years later the same virus appears in London. Secret surveillance data shows people moving in Scotland, so a special team is sent in to search for a cure. Thus begins a quiet Tuesday in Glasgow with the worlds slowest Bentley.

The writer and director of this movie is the same bloke responsible for Dog Soldiers, so I had my hopes up with this movie. Unfortunately, this just doesn't measure up to that level. A stupid, illogical, clished movie where the writer just copied other (equally illogical, like Mad Max) movies. Plenty of gore though, if that's your thing. I suppose it's still better than a typical Hollywood action movie, so there's that. Still though, this movie has an IMDB rating of 6.0 and for once that seems about right.

Should be available on Netflix if you want to see for yourself.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Doomsday: a deadly virus appears in Scotland, so the British government seals off the entire area and leaves the population to die. 35 years later the same virus appears in London. Secret surveillance data shows people moving in Scotland, so a special team is sent in to search for a cure. Thus begins a quiet Tuesday in Glasgow with the worlds slowest Bentley.

The writer and director of this movie is the same bloke responsible for Dog Soldiers, so I had my hopes up with this movie. Unfortunately, this just doesn't measure up to that level. A stupid, illogical, clished movie where the writer just copied other (equally illogical, like Mad Max) movies. Plenty of gore though, if that's your thing. I suppose it's still better than a typical Hollywood action movie, so there's that. Still though, this movie has an IMDB rating of 6.0 and for once that seems about right.

Should be available on Netflix if you want to see for yourself.
    Rhona Mitra.
    Name:  RhonaNitra.jpg
Views: 3098
Size:  22.3 KB

Site Supporter
    I watched Milius, a documentary available on Prime about John Milius -- an interesting writer and director with quite an impact on our culture (well, my culture anyway...).

Red Dawn, Conan, Apocalypse Now, the Indianapolis speech from Jaws, "Go Ahead, make my day."

I also watched a film by his daughter, Amanda, about the Russiagate stuff, called The Plot Against the President. It is also available on Prime. It was not a real flattering portrayal of Comey, McCabe, and the others.

I hope she continues to make movies.

Probably Hugh Grant's best role in 20 years, and a return to form for Guy Ritchie. Easily his best film since Snatch. I was entertained.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Been watching All That on Amazon. I think there's episodes missing and all the musical guests are cut but it's still funny 25 years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Watching The WIRE. Also Pandora. Both are interesting. The former is a better show.

Site Supporter
    Uncle Tom produced by Larry Elder, available for rent on Amazon. Lots of interesting, intelligent voices and ideas, although I got annoyed with the music in the background.

I catch Larry Elder on the radio once in awhile. Sharp dude.

Worth the watch and the rental fee for me.

I've been watching "New Tricks" on Prime.

It is a British police show with some humor thrown in. Retired detectives brought in to create an unsolved crimes task force. Three older guys with a feisty, attractive female boss.

There are twelve seasons. I am about midway in season 5 and it's kept my interest.

User Tag List