Page 813 of 821 FirstFirst ... 313713763803811812813814815 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,130 of 8208

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

3 Body Problem on Netflix, definitely worth watching.
    If you liked it - have another recommendation - Station Eleven on HBO.
    Both sci-fi 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    It’s ok, the guy playing the alien is good and funny at times, it can drag sometimes. At its core it’s a chick flick all about female feelings.

I have to say I miss when tv studios thought it was important to have attractive females on TV. This isn’t a shot at just RA, seems to be prevalent all across tv. Sometimes it’s like they go out of their way to have actresses that are less attractive on shows.

I guess it makes since when females are the majority of viewers now, you want to connect with your core audience. I just miss the days of a tight butt, perky breasts and a pretty face. Any more watching newer tv shows is not much different then shopping at Walmart, female looks wise.
    You might want to peruse the series “Banshee.” Whoever cast that deserves the, “Chef’s Kiss.”
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Oh my gosh you crude misogynist. If everything you've just said wan't completely true, I'd be offended. Wait, on second thought I'm still offended by both of us.*

*The mayor's wife ain't bad.
    I also think the main chick, can’t remember her name long dark hair is attractive from the waist up. But from the waist down it’s a Volkswagen buss. I watch tv and movies to be entertained, watching unattractive chicks. No I am not entertained.

Banshee was a very good show, it also was made in the mid 2010’s when hot chicks still mattered.

But from the waist down it’s a Volkswagen bus.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Ha ha, yeah there is a fine line between a nice big firm butt and a gelatins mass of saggy cellulite that goes from the waist to the knees and it’s absolutely a bad thing.

I just miss the days of a tight butt, perky breasts and a pretty face. Any more watching newer tv shows is not much different then shopping at Walmart, female looks wise.
    We have never met and I do not know you, and I do not know if you drink beer. If you do I would like to buy you one someday....

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    We have never met and I do not know you, and I do not know if you drink beer. If you do I would like to buy you one someday....
    I’d be honored, anytime brother.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Just started; two episodes in. Very well produced but my attention is starting to drift… Nothing is making me care about the plot or characters except John.
    Im issuing a retraction after episode six. The production is phenomenal and Pablo Schreiber makes this series. He’s gold. I’m not a sci-fi fan and it’s really hard for me to buy into any space dramas. After episode six, my attention is captured, I care about (some of) the characters, and honestly want to know what happens next.

Additionally, Im having to actively look for evidence of any social agendas; if there are any present, nothing is blatant to me as a viewer. It’s refreshing not having anything to detract from actually watching the show.
    @rob_s

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Im issuing a retraction after episode six. The production is phenomenal and Pablo Schreiber makes this series. He’s gold. I’m not a sci-fi fan and it’s really hard for me to buy into any space dramas. After episode six, my attention is captured, I care about (some of) the characters, and honestly want to know what happens next.

Additionally, Im having to actively look for evidence of any social agendas; if there are any present, nothing is blatant to me as a viewer. It’s refreshing not having anything to detract from actually watching the show.
    @rob_s
    It’s funny you say that about the social agendas as I noticed the same thing.

Season 2 has a smidge but honestly nothing I don’t disagree with or find overly controversial. Someone radically on one side or the other would probably take issue. Which also means it’s been balanced, at least.

At this point I think “hates the government” isn’t very partisan and instead is pretty universal 🤣
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Roadhouse :

This one exceeded my expectations, which were admittedly pretty low. It actually does a good job of bringing over the.
    top 80s cheese into the current era. Gyllenhaals take on the character is far different from Swayzes, so that piques the.
    Interest. McGregor is just being McGregor and it works. I don't know if I'll ever watch it again. But, I didn't feel like I was
    two hours closer to being dead with nothing to show for it.

The Wages of Fear:

This is the third time this story's been made and the most inferior of the bunch. A group of down on their lucks get hired.
    to transport a load of nitro across harsh landscapes. The best version is actually William Freidkins Sorcerer which
    Had the fatal misfortune to premiere the same summer as a little movie called Star Wars. This one lacks the
    Tension and strong performances of the earlier two. But, it does needlessly insert gunfights and action sequences if
    that's a sweetener. Very forgettable.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List