Page 702 of 819 FirstFirst ... 202602652692700701702703704712752802 ... LastLast
Results 7,011 to 7,020 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Where?
    Channel called Comet. They have 90s SiFi. Xfiles, Outer Limits, Sliders, Farscape, Buffy....lol!

Shown in original quality so older episodes are grainer/pixilated than newer ones. Like listening to an old record! [emoji16]

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Watched The Boys - quite a take on superheros. It was entertaining. I picked up the graphic novels at the library and they were trash, IMHO.

Watching some anime and nature shows for relaxation.

I've been watching Mannix on FETV. The episodes are well written with many plot twists.

Site Supporter
    Name:  Crawdads.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  83.8 KB

"Where The Crawdads Sing." The wife and I both read the book, so knew we wanted to see the movie. I recommend it. It's fairly faithful to the book, though the time line is different. I think the changes work for a different medium.

Site Supporter
    Watched Dr. Pol's 200th anniversary. Lots of cows' rear ends. We prefer Dr. Jeff and Dr. Oakley for vet shows. I always wonder where the guns are in Dr. Oakley? They go out into the woods quite a bit. I saw a picture of Oakley's husband and kid with a moose they took, so I don't think they are unknown. Probably the crew we don't see have bear spray or a gun or two.

Pol and family are shooters and knife folk in the early shows. Haven't seen that much of that now.

Evil on Paramount+

The Catholic Church in New York creates a team of "assessors" to investigate/filter a large uptick in reports of demonic activity. The team consists of a Seminary student priest being groomed for big things(Mike Colter from Luke Cage), an agnostic lapsed Catholic Psychologist(Katja Herbers from Westworld) and an atheist tech support geek raised as a Muslim (Aasif Mandvi).
    They soon discover a series of weirdly connected incidents seemingly facilitated by the primary antagonist Dr. Leland Townsend(Michael Emerson from Person of Interest)
    Some appear supernatural, others are simply evil. Many are based in very subtle forms of Social Media manipulation. The purpose of many of these incidents are child harm.This arc is interspersed with the Monster of the Week format endemic to series TV.
    The show is very watchable with engaging performances from the leads as not entirely predictable characters. Colter is appealing as the fast tracking soon-to-be-priest self aware enough to be cynical about his value as a rare black priest, haunted by apocalyptic visions that make him question his faith and sanity.
    Herbers nails the soccer mom ultra liberal psychologist who is actually morally and ethically ambiguous, with a vicious streak.
    Mandvi plays the empiricist atheist who is increasingly disturbed by what he sees and experiences and beginning to doubt his certainty.
    Emerson is delightfully odious as the gleeful self consciously evil troll/manipulator.
    The supporting characters introduced over time are good, especially the psychologist's 4 daughters, ranging in age from early adolescence to elementary school age. The writers use them as a chorus, typically all talking at once about 11 or 12 different things. They seem to be based on actual little girls, as opposed to Disney characters.

The show veers between it's presentations of ordinary people, sometimes taking the cheapest shots possible at faith, white people, priests, cops and blue collar workers, while other times treating them as complex characters. There are some episodes devoted to servicing Wokeness to be sure.
    An unusual approach the series takes is leaving many of the mysteries encountered simply unresolved, using the camera POV itself as an "unreliable narrator". Sometimes the mysteries will resurface in later seasons where they are either debunked or added to the main arc of the narrative.

I liked the series enough to watch 3 seasons(the 3rd is still in progress) and enjoy its increasingly unhinged and sinister creepiness.

Dark Winds seemed like it had potential but I just couldn't get into it. It felt like it's made for one generation older than I, much like Longmire.

Just saw this picture posted elsewhere. Then I had to go and look and see that they are both (slightly) younger than I am...

Name:  294167430_10160191705874583_6325753436925685738_n.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  57.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Dark Winds seemed like it had potential but I just couldn't get into it. It felt like it's made for one generation older than I, much like Longmire.
    Same here. I watched the 1st episode, but haven't yet bothered to watch the others I recorded.

Chris

Bill Burr:Live at Red Rocks was like a breath of fresh air.

User Tag List