Page 697 of 818 FirstFirst ... 197597647687695696697698699707747797 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,970 of 8171

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Season 2 of The Umbrella Academy is bizarre and awesome and how they handled the Ellen to Elliot Page transition seems pretty terrific.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Season 2 of The Umbrella Academy is bizarre and awesome and how they handled the Ellen to Elliot Page transition seems pretty terrific.
    I appreciate the low key way she/he's handled it.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 06-27-2022 at 11:40 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I missed the first episode before watching the second. I was lost. When I finally went back and caught the first episode, the second episode made a lot more sense.
    I find it interesting to look at the equipment belts that the cops are wearing in Dark Winds. 4” revolver, handcuffs, a set of keys, and maybe a couple of dump pouches. Leaphorn also has a fixed-blade knife.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I find it interesting to look at the equipment belts that the cops are wearing in Dark Winds. 4” revolver, handcuffs, a set of keys, and maybe a couple of dump pouches. Leaphorn also has a fixed-blade knife.
    I noticed that lack of reloads too. The salty old guys had rigs like that when I started if you add a radio holder and a baton ring. There were a couple that still had belt loops for ammo.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Finished Halo on Paramount+. Had some odd moments, but enjoyed it overall. Hope there's a season 2. Not sure if interesting to anyone that hasn't played the game, and many gamers I'm sure would get mad at some continuity issues.

Also on Paramount+, started watching Star Trek Discovery. Has some of the wokeness I was afraid of (two scrawny women doing hand to hand with Klingons and somehow not being immediately dismembered? Captain and 1st officer are strong women, but science officer is a male wuss?) but the storyline is hard-edged enough that I can overlook it for now. Looking it up now on imdb I see it's from 2017 with multiple seasons, so I'm hoping it's good. Wife and kids are about to leave for 5 weeks and I need some shit to watch.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    McMillions (HBO Max) - A documentary mini-series on the McDonald's Monopoly scam that ran from the late 80's to 2001. Very entertaining and one of those "the truth is stranger than fiction" type of stories. Highlights include the mobster that turned his strip club into a church to skirt zoning laws and the FBI agent that accidentally faxed plans to serve arrest warrants to a local news station rather than a local field office.

I think most PF'ers would probably enjoy it.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    My roomie likes the show Animal Kingdom.

I don't. There is nobody in thaat show who doesn't belong in a prison cell or, alternatively, in a shallow grave.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s;1367816Also on Paramount+, started watching [URL="https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5171438/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1"
    Star Trek Discovery[/URL]. Has some of the wokeness I was afraid of (two scrawny women doing hand to hand with Klingons and somehow not being immediately dismembered? Captain and 1st officer are strong women, but science officer is a male wuss?) but the storyline is hard-edged enough that I can overlook it for now. Looking it up now on imdb I see it's from 2017 with multiple seasons, so I'm hoping it's good. Wife and kids are about to leave for 5 weeks and I need some shit to watch.
    The science officer undergoes quite a transformation, but the wokeness will remain and actually get worse. It's tough for me because I enjoy the escapism of ST but the in-your-face wokeness makes it hard to enjoy at times.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    My roomie likes the show Animal Kingdom.

I don't. There is nobody in thaat show who doesn't belong in a prison cell or, alternatively, in a shallow grave.
    That was how I felt about it too. That, Game of Thrones, the Italian mafia one. I meet enough assholes in real life. I don't need to watch them on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Top Gun:Maverick

Enjoyed it. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but it delivered on what I expected - straightforward plot, ok acting, (somewhat) plausible story line, and pretty hawt action fly-boy type action scenes.

I'd normally give it 3.5 out of 5, but I added a half star for the air-cooled Porsche 911 at the end. So 4 out of 5 for me.
    Just saw it. Pretty good for my first trip to the theater in probably 5-years.

My eyes were on Jennifer Connelly more than the Porsche.

Lookin good for an over-50 gal[emoji6]

User Tag List