Page 811 of 819 FirstFirst ... 311711761801809810811812813 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,110 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Really enjoyed The Gentleman, season 1. A Netflix reboot of the Matthew McConaughey movie that was also fun.
    I liked it too, but I didn't realize it was a reboot of the McConaughey movie. I just assumed they were "similar" themes.

I saw Dune II last night. Loved the movie overall, but didn't like how they rewrote Chaini.

Chris

Road House

Awful...story, acting...awful

IMHO of course

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Road House

IMHO of course
    It was really bad.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Road House

IMHO of course
    Road House with Brokeback Jake, I’ll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Road House with Brokeback Jake, I’ll pass.
    I was going to ask, are we talking about the new one here or the old classic?

Concur about the new Road House series.

In a mild state of inebriation, cursing "Hollywood" for fucking up a good movie with a shitty series remake, it occurred to me why my Grandfather was always watching the old classics - shows with messages that had value/meaning/influence pertinent to his day. As time goes on, more shows are made, but the messages change.

The wife and I tried to watch a remake of a movie from our childhood. I don't remember which, but somehow the folks at the movie-making industry had to insert an annoyingly gay couple into the script whereas the original movie did not have gay people in it. They took a good thing from the past and muddled it to fit a message they want to portray, frankly I don't care for their message. And now, I'm like my grandpa, watching the old Roadhouse instead of the remake that these kids are watching now.

Anyway, rant over.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Site Supporter
    I'm gonna buck the trend here. I enjoyed the New Road House movie. Stupid? Ridiculous? Badly acted? Yes. Fun? Also yes. Conor McGregor was clearly having a blast. A couple of beers probably helped but, I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I'm gonna buck the trend here. I enjoyed the New Road House movie. Stupid? Ridiculous? Badly acted? Yes. Fun? Also yes. Conor McGregor was clearly having a blast. A couple of beers probably helped but, I liked it.
    Conor McGregor was obviously enjoying himself, I'll give you that.

But I just wish Hollywood would quit it!

I'm an admitted curmudgeon (Hell, I've lived long enough to earn the title)...but the Original Road House and the Original Red Dawn just need to be left out of such blasphemous endeavors. <sigh>

Site Supporter
    Got about half way through the Roadhouse remake (Jake Gyllenhall and Connor McGregor) before bailing out and going to bed. I'll probably finish it sometime (equal parts morbid curiosity, interested to see McGregor's acting, insomnia), but I'm not in a rush.

2.5 out of 5 so far.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

The Gentlemen.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List