Page 647 of 819 FirstFirst ... 147547597637645646647648649657697747 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Too old to Die Young on Prime.

Uh.

If you don't know who Nicolas Winding Refn is, don't start here. Drive is a much more accessible and mainstream film.

Only God Forgives requires multiple viewing(and a video explanation) to...like?

Refn is known as one of the world's most self indulgent directors. He lavishes every scene with studied composition, incredible lighting and exquisitely drawn out shots.

He's definitely marching to his own drum.

Too Old to Die Young follows two young men, a very bad cop and a Cartel princeling as their lives intersect over a murder. Both men descend into a maelstrom of

murder, revenge, blood magic and horror. There are bizarre set pieces(like a homicide unit obsessed with mocking Jesus Christ with songs and weird reenactments)

and a very strange dad who lets his 16 year old daughter screw the cop(that's not the strange part)

The cop acts as a hit man for a gang of Rastas who are competing with the Cartel. He murders men and women casually and without remorse.

The princeling takes control of the Cartel with the aid of a woman who believes she is the Goddess of Death. She might as well be.

This thing is slooow. Like, watch on 1.25x or 1.5x speed. I just kept hitting FF and watching for dialogue subtitles. Typical Refn.

I can't really recommend it, exactly, but it was hypnotic and surreal, beautiful and hideous.

But don't start with it. Watch Drive.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    "Counterpoint" on Prime. I'm four episodes in and it's good so far. Makes me think of a darker and more focused "Fringe." J K Simmons and Olivia Williams.
    Three things in the first episode caught my attention:
    An assassin is headed for a hospital room when she notices something that warns her off. She slips off her shoes so she's not tottering around in high heels during the running gunfight.
    Her Semi-auto pistol is equipped with a suppressor. It still goes bang!
    A guy gets into a car with three people he's going to shoot. He puts plugs in his ears first.
    Starting season two. Still a good show, but way more gun derp than I expected based on the first couple of episodes.You've got to really work at it to keep the characters straight.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The French Dispatch.

I don’t know if it’s brilliantly quirky or a 1:40 waste of time.

Site Supporter
    Watching Larry David - never watched it before. Some incidents actually made me laugh at loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The French Dispatch.
    There was one line, which I have squirreled away in my brain for later use: "I was insufficiently early."

Site Supporter
    The French Dispatch.

I don’t know if it’s brilliantly quirky or a 1:40 waste of time.
    It's...Wes Anderson. 100% will see.

Finch, a Tom Hanks movie on Apple TV. I gather that this is a movie that fell out of theatrical release because of the pandemic.

It's sort of The Martian, but a lot bleaker.

Site Supporter
    Dexter, New Blood

I liked it. No significant plot spoilers but an irresponsible EBR purchaser comes to his just desserts. Dexter does some good anti-retention moves.

Finch, a Tom Hanks movie on Apple TV. I gather that this is a movie that fell out of theatrical release because of the pandemic.

It's sort of The Martian, but a lot bleaker.
    Did you like it? The trailer intrigued me.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Did you like it? The trailer intrigued me.
    Yes and no. It was very well done. But it nowhere near cheery and really quite sad. You might have something in your eye at the end.

User Tag List