Page 627 of 817 FirstFirst ... 127527577617625626627628629637677727 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 8170

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Watched "Freaky" on HBOPlus last night.

A serial killer and a high school girl get their minds switched into one another's bodies. It has some good gags in it.

Site Supporter
    I'm late to the party on Letterkenny, but catching up fast and really enjoying it.

I just finished A Hidden Life, about a Austrian conscientious objector in WWII. It's a good story, but it draaaaaags along and the almost 3-hour movie could have easily been shortened by an hour and not lost much.

Blood Red Sky on Netflix.

Mommy and son are flying to America so mommy can get to a doctor. The aircraft is hijacked. Mommy's disease turns out to be that she is a vampire. You are now one hour into the movie.

The movie had its points - the panicking crowd on the plane was in my opinion a fair representation of people and their behavior - but overall I'd say it rates a "meh". Perhaps if the movie had less flashbacks and had picked up the pace more it might have helped some, but even then I don't think it could have been made into an actually good movie.

I’m watching Warrior on HBO Max. It’s a Cinemax show from the makers of Banshee. The premise is based on some stories Bruce Lee wrote about a Chinese Kung Fu prodigy who came to San Francisco I’m the late 1800’s and became a hatchet man for one of the Chinatown gangs. If you like King Fu movies, you’ll love the fight choreography. The plot isn’t super original these days but everything else is solid.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Wife dropped into The Serpent showhole (Netflix) over the weekend. I visited a few times and found it quite good, but, not what I wanted to be doing. Took my son and daughters BF to the range instead. Added The Serpent to my watchlist though... Seems pretty well made and, scarily, based on a true story.

I also watched the first 20 minutes of S1E1 of Hit & Run. Lior Raz plays another Fauda-like character, with some overlap (it seems) in back story. Also seems well made. Added to watchlist... Will report back once I get through a few episodes..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

The Green Knight was far more artistic and lacking in action than I had anticipated, based off of the single trailer I had watched. This did not diminish my enjoyment of it, but it is very much a character study and a lovely piece of cinematography, rather than a fantasy action film. It is a difficult movie for me to recommend without reservation, as I do not think it has mainstream appeal, and far more of an arthouse film.

I really liked The Last Movie Star with Burt Reynolds. Kinda a small film, but really good. The Movie was made in the 2016 time frame. Reynolds plays an elderly movie star who is financially okay, but not doing well. In his younger days he was an action and western star. He gets invited to what is billed as an international film festival in Nashville to receive a lifetime movie award. He gets sent a air ticket which turns out to be coach, and the festival turns out to be more of a fanfest. He is assigned a young kinda goth girl as a driver/assistant. He winds up visiting some of his old places in the area and reflecting back on his life. The film uses video effects to put the octogenarian Burt Reynolds into some brief scenes where he is with his younger self in some of his actual movies. The movie is a gem. Reminds me of another movie that I will be posting about.

Last edited by Ed L; 08-10-2021 at 02:25 AM.

Another movie in this vein that I really liked was The Hero, staring the incomparable Sam Elliot. This is a really great film. Sam Elliot stars as a 71 year old actor who was a cowboy movie star decades ago, but has fallen on hard times in his professional and personal life. He is struggling to get work and make amends. I also really liked this movie. I just popped it into my DVD to watch again so it will be the last film that i saw by the time this posts. The trailer paints a better picture and explains everything better than I could

Last edited by Ed L; 08-10-2021 at 02:40 AM.

Netflix recommended Streets of Fire so I figured why not. I should have rewatched Quigley Down Under or picked a western because the Streets of Fire sucks. It has some big names for the time but the writing/dialog is awful and even the best actors can't do much with a shit script.

The movie came out in 1984 and is "a rock and roll fable" set in "another time, another place" which means some kind of mildly dystopian alternate reality. A famous singer gets kidnapped by a biker gang during a performance so her ex-boyfriend who was a solider agrees to get her back.

Not a lot of action, lots of stuff that doesn't make a lot of sense, and some dumb dialog between characters. Hard pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List