Page 518 of 819 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520528568618 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Waiting for Lucifer to return to Netflix. Watching Monkey - a strange version of Journey to the West with the Monkey King by Australians. The accent is hysterical for characters that are supposed to be from Asian mythology.

I've seen the show "Alone" on History mentioned here and elsewhere recently. Watched a couple of episodes last night, (Season 1), and looks promising thus far.

Good show to have in reserve when there's nothing else I'm in the mood for.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    If you'll give me the address, I'll send in my Man Card. My wife and I got hooked on "The Good Witch." I wont lie, I enjoy it almost as much as she does.
    While we're posting about our SO favorites, I'm going to mention Offspring an Australian drama/comedy that I end up watching about half the time. Not bad. Starts off with the lead character realizing a coworker's baby she's about to deliver is her half sibling because her dad really gets around.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    While we're posting about our SO favorites, I'm going to mention Offspring an Australian drama/comedy that I end up watching about half the time. Not bad. Starts off with the lead character realizing a coworker's baby she's about to deliver is her half sibling because her dad really gets around.
    I will admit to having watched every episode of "The OC" (and liked it). In the same vein, however:

Quote Originally Posted by Seth from "The OC"
    It’s a tale as old as time. Boy meets girl, boy likes girl, boy finds out girl is surrogate mom’s illegitimate half-sister.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I will admit to having watched every episode of "The OC" (and liked it).
    I watched Gilmore Girls religiously. Still need to watch most of the Netflix miniseries. The last "real" season was so bad it soured me on it.
    Speaking of shows with a more feminine side You is the perfect 50/50 hybrid of Lifetime show (where it started) and Dexter, if Dexter portrayed its protagonist as definitely, irredeemably evil(despite doing some 'nice' things) with a heavy satirical feel.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Watched the first season of the Boys on Amazon and then got the graphic novels from the library. The show is better than the books.

I watched "Drive Angry" yesterday. One could rent it from Amazon Prime, but I just opted to buy the disc. It is a 2011 movie with Nicholas Cage. Which is why I hadn't seen it. I HATE Nicholas Cage movies. However, I saw a couple scenes on YouTube and became curious.

It is an absolutely ultra-violent, grindhouse-style, cheesefest that was entertaining and had me laughing out loud at certain parts. William Fitchner is the real star of the show. Amber Heard is a gorgeous badass. The villain would have been a perfect role for Walton Goggins, but they cast another guy to act like Walton Goggins playing the bad guy.

It's not an artsy-fartsy flick or a date night romantic comedy (unless your date is REALLY fun), but it's an over-the-top, violent, extremely fun movie. Highly recommended.

Rosco

Started watching Person of Interest on Netflix tonight. Looks pretty good so far. NSA gathers info to stop another mass terrorism event like 9/11 but discards other info that points to more mundane crimes not of national security interest. Main character and an anonymous researcher use the discarded info to track down crimes before they can occur in NYC. Main character is Jim Caviezel who played Carroll Oerstadt the ultra-right terrorist in Deja Vu (a really good movie with Denzel Washington), and Jesus Christ in The Passion of Christ.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    Started watching Person of Interest on Netflix tonight. Looks pretty good so far. NSA gathers info to stop another mass terrorism event like 9/11 but discards other info that points to more mundane crimes not of national security interest. Main character and an anonymous researcher use the discarded info to track down crimes before they can occur in NYC. Main character is Jim Caviezel who played Carroll Oerstadt the ultra-right terrorist in Deja Vu (a really good movie with Denzel Washington), and Jesus Christ in The Passion of Christ.
    It's lightweight, unrealistic (only shoot people in the legs?) and doesn't get to more interesting moral or policy questions until a few seasons down. However, if you just let yourself go for the ride, you'll have fun; we did through all its seasons.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Power on Netflix by Jamie Foxx. It was entertaining but the plot was not unique. Drug gives you superpowers for 5 minutes. It is dangerous, people are exploited by the evil corporation, conspiracy. The acting is quite good and the characters are not the usual beautiful people but some realistic urban folks. Or realistic for a movie.

The powers are those derived from enhanced animal abilities. Foxx's fight winning power is .... Mantis Shrimp blasts! Vaporizes all around you, stops bullets in midair.

The kid who helps him is a great actress.

User Tag List