Page 785 of 820 FirstFirst ... 285685735775783784785786787795 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,850 of 8191

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    HBO Max
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Final report on "Roswell New Mexico."
    Episode 9 of season 3 and I'm calling it quits. It gets more woke by the episode and Riley Voelkel is off the show now. Lily Cowles is still there, but even she isn't enough for me to put up with the the libtard crap.
    The story line really hasn't diverged from episode 1. They never solve any of the original questions and move on to something else. They do evolve a little, but not enough to keep my interest. There were a couple of surprising reveals about of 2 of the original alien characters, but they don't do enough with it. A couple of lost opportunities in my opinion. So I'm out. YMMV.

Site Supporter
    Watching the start of new Reacher episodes. Like the show. Minor quibble - Spoiler but not a plot point.

Reacher needs a gun and so he goes and mugs a drug dealer for a 1911. How did know he would come up with that. Could have been a Lorcin, but might have been a fully auto Glock. Just a quibble.

Good show.

Side bar - as a psychologist (blah, blah) - Reacher's life style - he's pretty troubled. Sounds cool but ....
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

I watched the 1st 3 episodes of season 2.
    Totally entertained but yeah, you are 100% correct on both points @Glenn E. Meyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Taxi premiered 45 years ago? Where did the years go?

I liked the show, but when I saw Star Trek III in the movie theater, I exclaimed “Ignatowski“ out loud when I saw the Klingon captain. My date was mortified.
    Slow Down!

Anyone else watching Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix?

Done by the same man who did Midnight Mass and Haunting of Hill House (new one). I really enjoyed both of those.

For Usher, each episode plays homage to a different Poe story. And he does a good job with the suspense. Bruce Greenwood is excellent as always.

Wish it wasn't full of drug use and it seems everyone has very unusual sexual preferences (at least to me), and I could do without that in a horror story.

I'm about halfway through and overall enjoying.

I've been binge-watching Bosch on Amazon Prime. In my distant past I'm sure to have read/listened to all of the series, but the acting, etc. seems first rate; first class translation to TV. I've cued up my Audible books to enjoy a repeat listen as soon as I've finished the last Prime season.

Site Supporter
    Rebel Moon - Part One

Name:  RebelMoon.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  15.1 KB

4 of 5 stars

OK, It's "Dune." I don't regret the time I spent watching it and will probably catch the next part, but it's "Dune."

Cinematography and special effects are great, lots of over the top action. You'll definitely have to suspend disbelief when the main character (female) takes down a literal army by herself. Yeah, she's special. It's also predictable. Five minutes in you know how it will end, that's if you don't already just from the previews.

Again, if you like the "Dune." genre, you'll probably enjoy this. I'll give it a qualified recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I finally got to see Godzilla Minus One tonight. I agree with the positive reviews I’ve seen online, it’s one of the more enjoyable movies I’ve seen in a while. The pacing and effect were well done, and Godzilla was well presented as the half God half monster he was always meant to be.

The story takes place in post war Japan and the characters are dealing with some pretty heavy baggage from the war when they find themselves having to confront what seems to be an unstoppable force of nature. Theres growth and friendship and characters not giving up their humanity when they they have every reason to. It was a nice reminder of just how enjoyable a movie like that can be to watch.

It was also cool to get see it in a theater in Japanese with English subs, that didn’t take away my enjoyment of the movie, and there are some nice references to the original films thrown in for enjoyment.

It’s definitely on my recommend list.

Loved it and my 13 year old did as well
    Last edited by Savage Hands; 12-22-2023 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Anyone else watching Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix?

Done by the same man who did Midnight Mass and Haunting of Hill House (new one). I really enjoyed both of those.

For Usher, each episode plays homage to a different Poe story. And he does a good job with the suspense. Bruce Greenwood is excellent as always.

Wish it wasn't full of drug use and it seems everyone has very unusual sexual preferences (at least to me), and I could do without that in a horror story.

I'm about halfway through and overall enjoying.
    I thought it was a very good homage to Poe that cleverly integrated all his most famous stories and poems.
    Greenwood was great, as was Carla Gugino and several of the others.

User Tag List