Page 529 of 812 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530531539579629 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 8112

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    I’ve been watching some Rifftrax movies. It’s some of the guys from MST3K. As much as I liked MST3K, I prefer rifftrax.

Birdemic, A talking cat, and many others are great bad movies to be made fun of.

Watched "Class Action Park" on HBOMax. The end is grim, but my wife and I have never laughed so much together watching TV. A talking heads doc about a water park run on extreme libertarian principles.

What can you say about a water park where the owner gave teenagers $100 to test out a ride that had no actual engineers involved in the construction? Then it gets gory....really gory.

"ACTION PARK" (must be yelled) is my new shorthand with my wife for terribly reckless, but possibly hilarious, decision making.

E.G. "You’re shooting your J-frame with Buffalo Bore Heavy .357 loads? ACTION PARK, bro!"
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    My roomie got a free year of Apple TV when she got a new phone. We've been watching Ted Lasso. It's pretty good.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Just caught the first episode of Ratched on Netflix. Looks promising. It's extremely stylized with unusual cinematography, false color, and stilted acting. Sarah Paulson does a great job in her creepy period role. I'm not completely sure it ever admits it in the synopsis, but this is obviously the origin story for nurse Ratched in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I'm not completely sure it ever admits it in the synopsis, but this is obviously the origin story for nurse Ratched in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."
    That was how I saw it promoted (somewhere). I haven't started it yet but it is on my list.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Stroop: Journey into the Rhino Horn War (Amazon Video) - Figured I'd check this out after hearing about it on the Global Recon podcast. The documentary itself is not-especially-well-crafted propaganda from conservationists, which is unfortunate, because it's not like the subject matter really needs to be embellished to sicken people. While it's fun seeing the gucci'd FALs the park rangers carry around, that's about all most folks here would get out of the movie.

The podcast is pretty interesting though. Worth a listen if that's your sort of thing.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

The Devil All The Time on Netflix was quite good.

Re-watching the Dracula miniseries on Netflix.

Just as good the second time.

Claes Bang portrays Dracula as an Apex predator with a whimsical, merciless sense of humor. Much like a cat plays with it's food, only crueler.

The first episode tells Harker's story. The second takes place entirely on the Demeter travelling to England(which has never been done in a Dracula movie. Interesting)

The third is set in the present.

There is a central plot device that is truly horrifying: not all people who die lose their consciousness.

None of Dracula's victim's truly die. He tries to create other vampires(Brides) but they're just bestial revenants.

Finally went back to Narcos Mexico.
    I started it before, and admit I just wasn't in the mood then for a story I know doesn't have a happy ending. Back at it now and I am enjoying it to a degree, but it is entertainment you have to work for.

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List