Page 593 of 817 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593594595603643693 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    I loved ZeroZeroZero after a friend got me hooked. I've tried to turn other people on to it, but I think the synopsis sounds too much like a typical crime drama to grab their interest.
    I wanted to like the show, and gave it a good effort, but it just didn't move the needle enough for me to care. I didn't find any of the characters or plot line authentic. Maybe it's because of my former occupation, but "Narcos" it wasn't.

Made it maybe a couple, three shows in to the story.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I haven't watched ZeroZeroZero yet, but it is based on a book by the same author as Gomorrah, so it is on the list.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Once we finished season 2 of 'The Mandalorian', we watched the behind-the-scenes series. The first season had eight full episodes, the second was a feature-length piece. A must watch for Star Wars fans, but even if you're just a film fan, the episode on The Volume - a massive dome of LCD screens ILM used in lieu of sets and bluescreen CGI - is worth the time. Freaking amazing.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I unfortunately saw A Good Day to Die Hard last night. Is it an actual, literal requirement that all movie script writers must flunk their high school physics class? Or has someone exposed the AI that they replaced said writers with to social media and caused its IQ to drop? Because that was one incredibly stupid movie! Good grief, I could feel my brain cells dying while watching that...

Speaking of Bruce Willis, have you seen The Jackal? I remember reading the book in high school for our European Studies class. Maybe it was English class. One way or th eother it was required reading. Anywho, the Bruce Willis movie isn't as faithful to the book as the 1971 The Day of the Jackal- more of a modern update. The latter one was on Dish recently. It was pretty faithful to what I remember about the book. The acting and dialogue were pretty dull, as I would expect from a movie of that era.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

We saw "Nobody" last night. Haven't laughed so hard in a movie for quite awhile. Very 'campy' & silly in parts but I really enjoyed it.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    Speaking of Bruce Willis, have you seen The Jackal?
    I have, although that was a pretty long while ago. As far as I can recall it wasn't a particularly good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I have, although that was a pretty long while ago. As far as I can recall it wasn't a particularly good movie.
    It basically starred a Browning M2 mocked up as KPV heavy machine gun with Bruce Willis as supporting actor. Still better than Blind Date and a few others I can think of...

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I just watched Apocalypse World War I for about the fourth time. I think it was on NatGeo but it might have been on American Heroes Channel. Incredible 5-part series with colorized film footage that shows how incredibly horrible WW1 was. What a miserable sucky war, not that I can name very many good ones.

https://www.natgeotv.com/asia/apocalypse-world-war-i/about

Name:  ww1.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  106.5 KB
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    We saw "Nobody" last night. Haven't laughed so hard in a movie for quite awhile. Very 'campy' & silly in parts but I really enjoyed it.
    I should really go out and see that. I'm vaccinated, and so are almost all of my co-workers (save one guy that was just ill with it), but the two things that are keeping me back are:

(1) I've become so, so spoiled by streaming
    (2) my parents aren't vaccinated

Stuff I watched that got the Wise_A Seal of Approval, all from Netflix--

*The Last Blockbuster was a real trip back to my childhood.
    *Norsemen is Vikings plus The Office, with lots of dry wit.
    *Age of Samurai was an excellent tour of the Sengoku Jidai period
    *The Lost Pirate Kingdom is at times light on dramatic acting, but is still pretty good.
    *They Call me Dolemite is hilarious and heartfelt. Don't watch if you want to be political about it.
    *I Care A Lot was entertaining. Peter Dinklage is always good.
    *Hannibal is surprisingly good. You have to consider it has a retcon of the existing books and movies, but Mads Mikkelson is an outstanding actor, easily a match of Anthony Hopkins. I was somewhat disappointed with Gillian Anderson at times. Season Two gets a little weird, but the third act is shaping up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    I just watched Apocalypse World War I for about the fourth time. I think it was on NatGeo but it might have been on American Heroes Channel. Incredible 5-part series with colorized film footage that shows how incredibly horrible WW1 was. What a miserable sucky war, not that I can name very many good ones.

Name:  ww1.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  106.5 KB
    The Smithonian Channel also has been airing colorized documentaries. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about the colorization but it grew on me.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List