Page 291 of 818 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 8171

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

It's been a rough week for beloved entertainers:

William Goldman, author and screenwriter of The Princess Bride, Butch Cassidy and a whole bunch of other great stuff has passed away:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...is-dead-at-87/

Along with Roy Clark. I'll have to introduce my daughter to the greatness of Hee Haw in his memory [emoji41]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Mile 22, the Mark Wahlberg shoot ‘em up.

Meh. It just didn’t work for me. Linear plot. Too many unsteady hand cam shots. Overuse of glitzen-spy in the sky tech. More supporting cast members kilt than a Star Trek red-shirt landing party. Hackneyed and oh so predictable plot twist at the end that was so obvious, Stevie Wonder could see it.

I liked the supposed AFSOC C130H that they had though.

1 out of 5.
    Last edited by RJ; 11-16-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Widows

A far better all female effort than Ocean's 8, which had all the appeal of a brain tumor. This one is much darker and very serious, not another cute crime caper movie. Not outstanding, but with strong performances by all involved.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Season 4 of Narcos, aka Narcos: Mexico.

It was good, but obviously had some silliness in it. Which is especially of gun play throughout. At times the actor's finger was not even on the trigger, yet the gun was firing.

Overall I enjoyed it, because it was based on the story of Kiki Camarena, and I like anything set it Mexico.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 11-17-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Season 4 of Narcos, aka Narcos: Mexico.

It was good, but obviously had some silliness in it. Which is especially of gun play throughout. At times the actor's finger was not even on the trigger, yet the gun was firing.

Overall I enjoyed it, because it was based on the story of Kiki Camarena, and I like anything set it Mexico.
    I especially liked this closeup. I know Hollywood uses rubber dummy guns but usually they don't show them that close.
    Attachment 32466

Not sure how long it's been so, but The Rifleman Seasons 1-5 are on Prime Video currently.

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...3Athe+rifleman

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 2.10.58 PM.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  50.2 KB

^^^^ Wife and I went through all the episodes a few years back. Lots of fun. And some great cameos.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    The Ballad of Buster Scruggs was pretty good. If you like the Coen Bros other work you’ll like this.

Pan shot! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched the first couple episodes of Narcos: Mexico last night. Brought back the remembrance of Kiki Camarena's murder back in 1985.

It was a solemn and unforgettable day for all of us working in federal LE at the time, as I'm sure it was for LEOs everywhere.

Interesting to see Michael Peña in this role. (Loved him in "End of Watch".)

I'm sure it's going to be somewhat agonizing to get through this season.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    William Goldman, author and screenwriter of The Princess Bride, Butch Cassidy and a whole bunch of other great stuff has passed away:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...is-dead-at-87/
    Ah goddammit...Goldman is one of my favorite authors of all time, if you ever pass one of his titles in a used bookstore, just buy it, whatever it is, it's wonderful. His version of 'The Princess Bride, the good parts' is simply fantastic, the notes will enhance your current level of appreciation for the film. RIP, Mr. Goldman, thanks for all the great stories.

User Tag List