Page 514 of 819 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564614 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 8186

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I just binged Travelers season 1.

I liked it quite a bit. Reminded me a lot of Terminator, The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

Which, btw, you should definitely watch.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

I liked it quite a bit. Reminded me a lot of Terminator, The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

I thought Lena Heady was seriously hot in that show. Somehow she wasn't as much in GOT.
    Name:  Terminator_-_TSCC2.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  26.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

Loved that show. I keep hoping that Netflix does another season.

If you like the time travel thing Continuum was decent as well. Original SyFy network on Netflix now.

Girlfriend wanted to watch Cursed on Netflix. It was... okay, I guess. Wouldn't have necessarily watched it myself but since she wanted to see it, it was tolerable at least. The series is a sort of a prequel to the Excalibur legend. The basic plot is that the Roman church is busy exterminating all fey from Britain, and a fey girl ends up with the Excalibur. For medieval England the cast was, ahem, quite ethnically diverse. Then again half of them aren't even human, so, what ever, I guess. The fantasy setting does excuse a lot of the non-period things. Everyone is also quite clean and the main character uses quite a lot of make up. Swordplay is atrocious. There is quite a lot of it and things get quite bloody occasionally, but nobody in the production crew seems to know the first thing about swords. (And by bloody I don't mean realistically bloody. I'm sure the audience wouldn't have the stomach for that. People still drop dead immediately from being poked by a single arrow, and such. But plenty of blood splatter and loose limbs.) All in all, your basic brainless fantasy fiction with all the things you'd expect from a Netflix production.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    We watched DEVS on Hulu. It was excellent. If you liked Ex Machina (same director), this is your show. It was one of the most visually striking productions I've seen. I may rewatch it just to appreciate the look and feel. Some have called it a dark Silicon Valley, but it's more than that. Deep dives into quantum physics and philosophy for sure.

The discussions about free will vs predestination were pretty interesting too. It’s something that definitely had a lot of layers to it. Didn’t like the way it ended but I might watch it again.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I recently watched Operation Toussaint and am currently watching The Last Narc. Both are on prime and both are well worth your time.

Operation Toussaint is a documentary about Tim Ballard, an HSI agent who resigned his position to start an organization called Operation Underground Railroad. OUR travels to other countries and partners with the local law enforcement there to arrest human traffickers and free children from sex slavery. This documentary focuses on the formation of the organization and a couple of operations they did in Haiti.

The Last Narc is a four part documentary about the kidnapping and murder of DEA agent Kiki Camarena in Mexico in 1985 and the investigation in the aftermath. Interviews with some of the people involved, on both sides, make up the majority of the screen time. Some wild stuff and very captivating.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Fun stuff on Netflix:

*The first three Jurassic Park movies--you can choose to create an alternate timeline for your kids where 2 and 3 don't exist
    *Mad Max
    *Hardcore Henry (it's a great movie to just fast forward from fight to fight)

Season Two of The Umbrella Academy launched. I've only caught the first episode thus far, and don't really have an opinion. I'm still blown away by Aidan Gallagher's performance as Five.

I'm mostly watching Bojack Horseman, because I don't feel as bad when I fall asleep during a 23-minute show, and since it's only in 1080P, I don't feel like I'm missing anything when I watch it up at the lake house on fishing forays. I had tried watching it when it was being broadcast (briefly) on Comedy Central, but couldn't get into it since I hadn't seen it from the beginning. Now I'm engaging with it--it's just smart enough to not be stupid, while still being a nice respite from 2020. I'm also finding that I care about the characters more than I have in other shows, which is kind've funny given that about half of them are anthropomorphic animals working in Hollywood. Great performances out of Amy Sedaris, Will Arnett, Aaron Paul, and Paul F Thompkins.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We've been watching the new HBO "Perry Mason" series. It's okay if you have nothing more pressing...but not something to drop anything else for.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We've been watching the new HBO "Perry Mason" series. It's okay if you have nothing more pressing...but not something to drop anything else for.

I think it's a great series. I am anxiously awaiting the last episode to drop. Matthew Rhys's portrayal of Mason as the down and out, angry, and depressed man he is, is brilliant. Shea Whigham plays that same sort of guy he always plays, but he is just so damn good at it. The prosecutor is fabulously played by Stephen Root, who is always phenomenal. Juliet Rylance as Della Street...yum!...even if she does "play for visitor".

The little things that set the show in 1932 are just brilliant. No spoiler here, but when one of the bad guys shakes a tail by running into a parade of Bonus Marchers, I was impressed. Pretty much no one even knows about them any more.

The team making this show doesn't think their audience is stupid or that they can get away with putting on a fedora and having an old car or two make the viewers believe that it's 1932. The attention to detail and good story telling is impressive in this one.

Rosco

Site Supporter
    Seven Deadly Sins is back on Netflix for those with a childish impulse to watch anime.

Ugly Delicious - survey of various world foods by David Chang. Interesting side social discussion about discrimination against Asians and racial stereotyping in the food/restaurant business. Interesting food types.

User Tag List