Page 278 of 819 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328378778 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Bad Times at the El Royale

I was hoping for something like a combination of Pulp Fiction and Free Fire.

Nope, what you get is a mess of a movie. This is what happens when the director lacks a clear vision of the kind of movie he wants to make, but tries to be overly clever. You wind up with neither coherence or cleverness, just a run time of two and a half hours that you'll feel every minute of.

Drive on by the El Royale and stay at the Motel 6, your money will be better spent.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Solo.

Hell, I liked it.

Woody was great and The guy that played Han brought it.

Plus, they thoroughly settled one thing: Han SHOT FIRST!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Bad Times at the El Royale

I was hoping for something like a combination of Pulp Fiction and Free Fire.

Nope, what you get is a mess of a movie. This is what happens when the director lacks a clear vision of the kind of movie he wants to make, but tries to be overly clever. You wind up with neither coherence or cleverness, just a run time of two and a half hours that you'll feel every minute of.

Drive on by the El Royale and stay at the Motel 6, your money will be better spent.
    I'd describe it as "imitation Tarantino," and, in this case, imitation was not flattery.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime

Surprisingly good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'd describe it as "imitation Tarantino," and, in this case, imitation was not flattery.
    Proof an El Royale is better with cheese.

Finally saw Infinity War, and really liked it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

The Only Living Boy in New York

Kate Beckinsale stars, that's all that really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Someone told me that since I like Heat that I would like Ronin. They were wrong.
    If you didn't like Ronin, it's you who are wrong and not them. (Although the teflon bullet thing was supremely dorky...)

Car Masters: From Rust to Riches on Netflix. We accidentally ended up binge watching the whole season 1. Yes, it has a lot of idiotic repetition, and some parts are clearly scripted, but compared to most "reality" TV shows it is much better, and the story of a small garage making one-off custom vehicles is interesting enough to ignore the reality TV stuff. Definitely a thumbs up on this one. (And this is coming from someone who couldn't watch more than two minutes of Mythbusters recently, because of the idiotic reality TV format of the show.)

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    If you didn't like Ronin, it's you who are wrong and not them. (Although the teflon bullet thing was supremely dorky...)
    It was described to me as being "just as good as Heat" which is like saying that Anderson rifles are as good as Colt. I knew it wouldn't be as good as Heat, but I was expecting it to be better than it was.

Halloween 2018. It was awesome. I rarely see a movie in theaters twice, but I’m planning on seeing it again. Wish it had an IMAX showing.

User Tag List