Page 259 of 819 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359759 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Started watching "Southland" on Hulu because it was recommended here for people that like "The Wire" and "Bosch".

It's certainly better than most TV, although I don't think it is as good as the 2 other shows listed above.

I will confess that I'm hoping that the detective's wife with the short blonde hair gets whacked. That stupid bimbo drives me nuts.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Watch Bizarre Destinations with Anthony Zimmern. He went to Hawaii and hunted mountain goats or sheep. Made two one shot kills at 200 yards. For a fat, bald, guy from NYC who moved to Minn., he is very gun friendly. He is a good shot unless it is faked but it doesn't look it. He once visited Dillon and rode around shooting a minigun from a vehicle.
    I watch a lot of his programming. If he's not a good shot, they're consistently good at faking it. He does miss from time to time and owns it. Generally seems to be gun friendly. Maybe not as pure as some would like, but he's better than most, especially on the celebrity side.

I think one of his shows even had him hunting with an AR. I can see it in my mind, but can't recall the specifics. Was Southern US (duh) and maybe hogs.

Chris

I caught Mile 22 yesterday. It gets a six out of ten on the "meh" scale from me. This is the fourth and least satisfactory entry in the Mark Walberg/Peter Berg collaborations. They're obviously hoping for a franchise with this one, as the film doesn't have a third act. The ending is open ended in the extreme and with a running time of one hour and thirty five minutes, it plays more like the season ending cliff hanger of a television series than a feature movie. It's really nothing more than the standard "deep covert ops team being anything but deep and covert" but not as well done as a lot of the competition.

Walberg's high functioning, autistic ninja savant rainman character is an interesting device, but gets over played to the point where it's a distraction. Rhonda Rousey has mercifully few lines and buys the big adios about halfway through. Her performance is as wooden and incompetent as ever. When her character offs herself with two hand grenades, it's the best thing she's done since getting a dirt nap from Holly Holm. Please Hollywood, stop trying to make her into an action star, it's painful to watch.

On the positive side, it's non-stop for an hour and a half with lots of gun action. So, if that's all you're after you may enjoy it. Personally, I think one's better served by watching reruns of The Unit than from wasting your money on this one.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

The Departed is about the only movie with Wahlberg that I can actually tolerate or get through. I just find the guy irritating.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The Departed is about the only movie with Wahlberg that I can actually tolerate or get through. I just find the guy irritating.
    Oof. I hated his character in The Departed. The "Hahd Bahstawner" schtick got on my nerves.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Disenchantment (Netflix) - If you're a fan of Matt Groening's essential formula, you'll like this. Closer to 'Futurama' than 'The Simpsons.' In fact, it's essentially 'Futurama' set in a medieval fairytale land, which isn't a bad thing.
    Started watching this. It's good so far.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Oof. I hated his character in The Departed. The "Hahd Bahstawner" schtick got on my nerves.

Chris
    Oh, I didn't watch the movie because he was in it...but in spite of him being in it. Trust me.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I don't like Mark either, but he killed it in "Deepwater Horizon." And if you haven't seen "Deepwater Horizon," you're wrong. Phenomenal film.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I don't like Mark either, but he killed it in "Deepwater Horizon." And if you haven't seen "Deepwater Horizon," you're wrong. Phenomenal film.
    Haven't seen it and read enough reviews to keep me off it. However, your endorsement carries some weight with me.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Haven't seen it and read enough reviews to keep me off it. However, your endorsement carries some weight with me.
    When I heard the disaster was getting the film treatment, I was less than enthused, putting it mildly. But this is one of very few times when Hollywood did it right. Heart went in to that flick, and it shows. I think I've watched it seven times at this point. It is a fantastic movie.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List