Page 384 of 817 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 8169

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Carnival Row (Amazon Prime) - Watched the first episode of this yesterday evening and it barely held my attention long enough to finish the whole thing. The wife is a fantasy fan however, and plans on pursuing the series.

At any rate, it's put together well, has some interesting world building, and a smattering of steam punk. If you're a fan of the genre, I'd say it's worth a try.
    I thought it was okay, I'm a fan of Cara D. and her fiercely tweezed eyebrows. My big takeaway was Caroline Ford - think a young, fresh Rhona Mitra!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Finished up "Unbelievable" on Netflix last night. I thought it was a very good series with good production values and acting.

Even the not so subtle 'girl power' 'man demeaning' undercurrent was tolerable in light of the overall story. Definitely worth a watch imho. Based upon true events.
    Agreed on all points. Worth the watch.

Went and watched that new Rambo movie today. Was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    My wife and I saw Downton Abbey Friday night and enjoyed it(we are fans of the series also).
    --Jason--

+1 for Unbelievable. Difficult to watch (as it should be given the subject) but worth it. Kaitlyn Dever is excellent as always, and Merritt Wever who was great in Godless.
    Also watched The Boys on Amazon, a good irreverent and somewhat raunchy take on the superhero genre. Honestly it's probably the most realistic depiction of what it would be like if we had superheroes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Banned
    I just watched Logan's Run for the first time in 40 years. I don't remember it being so mediocre the last time I watched it

Watched the first episode of Peter Gunn and now I'm halfway through episode 2. The music alone will keep me into it for a while.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Banned
    Quantum Leap: The Leap Home parts 1 & 2

These two episodes are what made me a fan. For those of you who are not familiar with the series or this episode, Sam is trying to save his brother's life and His companion, Al deliberately sacrificed his freedom and his marriage to his one true love to allow him to succeed.

I personally think it was the best role that either Dean Stockwell or Scott Bakula ever played

Watching The Detectorists on Amazon Prime TV. Funny, understated British show. Nice change of pace from the usual fare.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Country Music, the new Ken Burns documentary on PBS.

Tempted to spend the ~$100 PBS wants for the BluRay set.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List