Page 632 of 817 FirstFirst ... 132532582622630631632633634642682732 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 8169

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    This looks like it might be a fun watch when it comes out. I’m a sucker for a decent “western” especially one set in the South East and I think Tim Blake Nelson looks the part of an old William H. Bonny.

Name:  58DFB4B0-C65A-4773-ACDA-5A1FE4CE690B.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  48.0 KB
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    This looks like it might be a fun watch when it comes out. I’m a sucker for a decent “western” especially one set in the South East and I think Tim Blake Nelson looks the part of an old William H. Bonny.
    Yup, I'm looking forward to that one too.

Chris

Major Dad is on Netflix. Video quality looks like it's a duped VHS but that doesn't make much difference. I'm not even through with the first episode so I'm not sure how well it holds up, so you may need to have experienced the early 90's to fully get the tropes but I always enjoyed the show and so did my Devil Dog father.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Major Dad is on Netflix. Video quality looks like it's a duped VHS but that doesn't make much difference. I'm not even through with the first episode so I'm not sure how well it holds up, so you may need to have experienced the early 90's to fully get the tropes but I always enjoyed the show and so did my Devil Dog father.
    Memory lane here I come...

Chris

Saw Candyman last night. First time in theaters sine the plague. Wasn’t that good. Should have gone to Don’t Breathe 2.

Brand New Cherry Flavor on Netflix. A young woman's short film gathers attention and she is invited to Hollywood to make a full feature film version of her work. After her movie is stolen from her, she employs a local witch to cast a curse on the person who did the stealing. In payment, she has to puke up live kittens for the witch. After that, the series gets a bit weird.

At times the series gets up to Twin Peaksish levels of weirdness, but with more sex magic and zombies and corpses. Definitely not nearly as family friendly as Twin Peaks was. Definitely not nearly as annoying to watch, either.

If you're into this sort of horror movies and series, I'd say it's worth a try.

Watched the series "Small Town News: KPVM Pahrump" on HBOPlus. It's about a tiny TV station in Pahrump, NV. Very funny. I hope they get another season.

It reminded me of "Dog Bites Man" which was a series from a few years back about a news crew. Great cast. Very funny.

“The Death of Stalin”

I was not that interested when I first heard about the movie a while back, thinking I don’t want to watch a bunch of evil dudes vie for power. Then I stumbled on a trailer for it and realized it was a (very) black comedy that while it had roots in the reality of what it happened, the movie turns the ridiculousness up a bunch of notches. Steve Buscemi as Kruschev is excellent, as is Michael Palin as Molotov, but the movie is totally stolen by Jason Issacs as Zhukov. Every second he’s on the screen it’s awesome.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

The Protege: another failed attempt at a female John Wick. Micheal Keaton steals the show.

Shang Chi: Chinese Black Panther, enough said. Once again Marvel shows their mastery of doing the same movie over and over.

Respect: if you like bio-pics this is a good one. Good performances by all.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    ...but the movie is totally stolen by Jason Issacs as Zhukov. Every second he’s on the screen it’s awesome.
    I think Jason Isaacs is underrated. I loved him in both "Case Histories" and "Awake."
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

User Tag List