Page 554 of 817 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556564604654 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I'm deeply dissatisfied by the Fargo finale. It was more a wrap-up than anything else, and didn't offer any real answers:

(1) How does Satchmo Cannon become Mike Milligan?
    (2) Okay, so we understand another level of why his fate at the end of Season 2 was so disappointing for him (he wanted to restore a Cannon to being a boss, not a middle manager), but now we have the credit-roll scene of him in the car. Where is he going? Is he just leaving the Gerhardt compound on his way to his job orientation--which would frankly be flat and boring--or is he leaving that meeting en route to something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    I'm deeply dissatisfied by the Fargo finale. It was more a wrap-up than anything else, and didn't offer any real answers:

(2) Okay, so we understand another level of why his fate at the end of Season 2 was so disappointing for him (he wanted to restore a Cannon to being a boss, not a middle manager), but now we have the credit-roll scene of him in the car. Where is he going? Is he just leaving the Gerhardt compound on his way to his job orientation--which would frankly be flat and boring--or is he leaving that meeting en route to something else?
    I found that clip at the end interesting but insufficient to make me care enough to spend time pondering it further.

Frankly, I don't care if the series comes back at this point, as it appears to have lost its direction.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post

One could pontificate that will be the story arc for a future season. There were several clues that pointed to it throughout season 4, but I only picked up on a couple because I found myself not watching this season as fervently as the others. Satchel's first name is Michael, which was a subtle clue, and Rabbi Mulligan being his protector. Those were the two most obvious ones and while I'm curious about the others, I'm not willing to rewatch the season just to find them. I'll probably google them later.

That seems like it was left up to the imagination on purpose. Not as bad as the Soprano's finale though.

Site Supporter
    White Collar on Prime. I never watched it when it first aired and was pleasantly surprised. Pretty entertaining and the seasonal plots kept me interested enough to watch all six seasons. I wouldn’t argue with others if they got bored with it though; I’m easily entertained. I enjoyed the lightness of it after a period of watching British dramas and it was cool to be able to watch this with my younger kids.

Keith Richards: Under the Influence on Netflix

I liked this quite a bit. Dude has a "guitar valet" who takes care of his fleet of guitars. He looks like he is having a blast.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    "Mosul" on netflix. It's in Arabic with subtitles and I figured it would be somewhat strange given the cultural differences, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Even more enjoyable to read the article in The New Yorker that it was based on.

Watching them drive around in beat up 1114 Humvees sure took me back to 2005 putting thousands of miles in one all over Northern Iraq. I often wonder if the particular one we drove ended up in the hands of ISIS as a VBIED or the Iraqi Army participating in the battle.
    Mosul was quite good.The viciousness of the fighting and the hatred of ISIS/Daesh came through crystal clear. The fog and friction of war was in full effect, with blue on

blue shooting, running past enemy soldiers, malfunctioning weapons and shooting where the enemy ain't.

Completely lacking the posing and corny, predictable characters and outcomes of hollyweird. I liked the ending especially. Bloody, sad and grim, but not hopeless.

The tomahawk action was just the cherry on top.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Mosul was quite good.The viciousness of the fighting and the hatred of ISIS/Daesh came through crystal clear. The fog and friction of war was in full effect, with blue on

blue shooting, running past enemy soldiers, malfunctioning weapons and shooting where the enemy ain't.

Completely lacking the posing and corny, predictable characters and outcomes of hollyweird. I liked the ending especially. Bloody, sad and grim, but not hopeless.

The tomahawk action was just the cherry on top.
    The verbal altercation with the Iranian Colonel was hilarious. [emoji1787]

"Mosul" on netflix. It's in Arabic with subtitles and I figured it would be somewhat strange given the cultural differences, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Even more enjoyable to read the article in The New Yorker that it was based on.

Watching them drive around in beat up 1114 Humvees sure took me back to 2005 putting thousands of miles in one all over Northern Iraq. I often wonder if the particular one we drove ended up in the hands of ISIS as a VBIED or the Iraqi Army participating in the battle.
    Spent a lot of miles in an 1114 myself that year. Were Rawah and Al Asad in your AO?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Spent a lot of miles in an 1114 myself that year. Were Rawah and Al Asad in your AO?
    I did time at FOB MacKenzie in Samarra East supporting the 1/4 Cav 1st ID for the elections, then we got sent up to Sulaymaniyah in Kurdistan for a sweet gig training and mentoring Iraqi Border Patrol and off roading on the border over the winter/spring. Then off to Kirkuk at FOB Warrior patrolling and doing cordon and search missions around Dibis area in the summer. Then we got restasked for convoy security out of Speicher in Tikrit and did many runs all over the country before getting the hell out before it turned to sectarian shit. I feel extremely fortunate for the varied mission sets and cultural immersion we were lucky to have as artillery back door drafted into a do whatever temp worker role. 2005 was a decent year to be there all things considered.
    Last edited by EMC; 12-01-2020 at 10:25 PM.

I did time at FOB McKenzie in Samarra East supporting the 1/4 Cav 1st ID for the elections, then we got sent up to Sulaymaniyah in Kurdistan for a sweet gig training and mentoring Iraqi Border Patrol and off roading on the border over the winter/spring. Then off to Kirkuk at FOB Warrior patrolling and doing cordon and search missions around Dibis area in the summer. Then we got restasked for convoy security out of Speicher in Tikrit and did many runs all over the country before getting the hell out before it turned to sectarian shit. I feel extremely fortunate for the varied mission sets and cultural immersion we were lucky to have as artillery back door drafted into a mechanized do whatever temp worker role. 2005 was a decent year to be there all things considered.
    It sounds like you had a lot more interesting year than I did.

I was there as a vertical engineer but we got tasked with patrols on south Tampa early that year and during the election. Did a couple weird security missions for some S2 dude. Pulled security for EOD a couple of times picking up UXOs in the middle of no where. Then lots of green convoy security. Several runs from Al Asad to Rawah late in the year. We worked from Basra all the way to Rawah but most of our time was spent south around Tallil. We actually convoyed in from Kuwait to Tallil as our first trip in country. You’ve never seen a more tense group of people in your life lol. It’s pretty funny thinking back on it. 2005 was pretty decent for us too. My company really had nothing significant to report that year. We had zero experience doing what we were doing. We did a bunch of dumb stuff that I would never do now. I feel like we got pretty lucky really.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List