Page 740 of 819 FirstFirst ... 240640690730738739740741742750790 ... LastLast
Results 7,391 to 7,400 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Pretty much. They gotta dramatize the hell out of it to make people watch it and they know as soon as they reveal they found something, they’re not gonna have a show anymore.
    My Stepmom watches and LOVES the Curse of Oak Island.

I tell her its carp, and they have not and will not find anything at this point, but she does not care.
    I mentioned if they had found treasure, it would be on CNN, on the local news, and every news paper long before an episode of the show revealed it. that thought had not occurred to her.

As a kid, I loved "In Search Of", and shows like it. Bigfoot, UFOS, Loch Ness Monster, etc.... all seemed possible to a 7 year old. But now, in the age of smart phones, remote game trail cameras, thermal FLIR type cameras on drones? If there was a bigfoot, or aliens, or Nessie, someone would have legit evidence by now.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Tried to watch the last Jurassic Park Dominion. It was so stupid from the get go, I stopped after 30 minutes. Then I tried again - still stupid. Bunch of guys facing a bunch of raptors. They all have what seem to be Glocks. Do they shoot? No, they run and are caught. Obvious easy COM or head shots.

Then a rogue pilot in a C-119. Where did they get that piece of junk?
    I still enjoyed it; not near as good as the others, but I do believe that’s one franchise that’s gone a little bit too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been enjoying "The Last of Us".

Last night's episode was the low/slow point of the season. When they did the episode 3 off shoot to different characters, it actually worked. I was interested in where it was going. It did not have much to do with the main story line, but was still well acted and well done. Last night tried to pull it off again, and it fell flat, and seemed like filler.

It seems like a lot of the episodes are stand alone, even though they follow the journey of Joel and the girl. But they are so different in location, pace, characters. I still like it better than Walking Dead, so i hope they get back on track next week.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

MOVIE REVIEW:

Saw Cocaine Bear this weekend.

I went in expecting stupid. But I expected stupid, funny, "wink at the camera" because we know what this movie is, and the cast leaning into the absurdity and having fun with the concept. That is what I wanted.

What I got was "meh". There are a couple of good jokes, one or two funny bits. But overall, it just drug on. as a gun guy, there were sooo many times people with guns (park ranger/drug smugglers) could have just shot the bear at 20 yards. And parts where the bear passes out and they literally walk up to it and can touch it with the barrel of their gun, and they don't just shoot it in the head. If its a straight up comedy, I get not shooting. But they are trying to be serious at some points too.

It should have treated itself like a sharknado, or Slither... where the jokes mixed with the killing work. Lean into the stupid. They did not pull it off.

OH, and watching the bear EAT a kilo of coke and not die? Watching the kids EAT a spoon full of coke (like an ounce or 3!!) and not die? Seeing the coke as powder, not as bricks compress solid in a hydraulic press? Those things bugged my cop OCD.

Wait for it on cable, save your $10...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    As a kid, I loved "In Search Of", and shows like it. Bigfoot, UFOS, Loch Ness Monster, etc.... all seemed possible to a 7 year old. But now, in the age of smart phones, remote game trail cameras, thermal FLIR type cameras on drones? If there was a bigfoot, or aliens, or Nessie, someone would have legit evidence by now.
    Oh, I loved me some "In Search Of"! One of my favorite shows as a kid...

Chris

I'm sure it's been talked about here before but "The Gentelmen" on NETFLIX was outstanding.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Wife had never seen the 2004 Battlestar Galactica, so I'm re-watching it with her. It's better than I remember it, and I remember it being really good. The first season is a little bumpy, but once it hits its stride, I think it's one of the best TV dramas ever, science fiction or otherwise.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I think it’s Al Capone’s safe!
    That means that annoying announcer is making $2,000,000 for it. (I was interested in it early on, having never heard of it, kind of hoping they might find archeology of the Vikings that came across, pre Columbus, but 12 minutes of show with 15 minutes of that announcer and 20 minutes of commercials), no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Wife had never seen the 2004 Battlestar Galactica, so I'm re-watching it with her. It's better than I remember it, and I remember it being really good. The first season is a little bumpy, but once it hits its stride, I think it's one of the best TV dramas ever, science fiction or otherwise.
    Hard agree - one of my favorite sci fi series and one of the few reboots that turned out well.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    Hard agree - one of my favorite sci fi series and one of the few reboots that turned out well.
    I’ll second that. Just finished my rewatch a couple weeks back.

User Tag List