Page 457 of 819 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467507557 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Queen Lagertha from "Vikings". Katheryn Winnick.
    This is one I have yet to watch. Looks.. interesting. Thanks for the tip!
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    This is one I have yet to watch. Looks.. interesting. Thanks for the tip!
    I quit watching the show sometime last year. It finally just got to the point of diminishing returns. But Katheryn...well, she keeps on ticking.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Killing Eve is back on BBCA. Another of the super female assassins shows. V. is a complete psychopath so not full of angst like some of the other female assassins of recent movies. Great show.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    1944 on Prime. An Estonian movie about the Eastern Front WW2 service of Estonian SS. Pretty realistic. This clip shows some intense trench fighting.
    Always refreshing to see grenade explosions that aren't giant fireballs. ;-)

Watched The Witcher season 1 last week. Overall liked it. Some cool characters and action scenes. Storyline is ok, but like others here have said, the jumping back and forth in timelines was obnoxious and gimmicky. I'm glad to hear that's been toned down for season 2.

Currently watching Altered Carbon. 5 episodes in and enjoying it quite a bit! Cool action scenes and the story is interesting. The females are not unappealing either...

Site Supporter
    "The VelociPastor,"
    OK, I haven't actually SEEN it but hey, a preacher who lets a hooker convince him to use his ability to turn into a dinosaur to fight crime, and Ninjas. It's gotta be a classic.

Site Supporter

Beforgners: A warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Just started a new series on HBO. Beforigners. (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8332130/)
    It's Norwegian with subtitles, but darn good. I usually pass on subtitled shows, but this one is good enough to put up with them. The premise is that people from the past suddenly appear in the water at irregular intervals. From the first event, we jump 17 years into the future where people from different past times are trying to assimilate into modern culture, as society tries to adjust to their eccentricities. A young woman from the past joins the police force and is partnered with a modern partner to focus on crimes dealing with the time travelers.
    Just a warning. My first post was after only 2 episodes. I finished season 1 and really enjoyed it. I think there is a season 2, but it's not on HBO yet.
    The warning! One guy is supposedly a cro magnon (caveman) who doesn't wear clothes. You see way too much of this guy for 3 or 4 episodes. WAY too much.

Code 8 on Netflix had potential but it ended up being a snoozer.

Current TV/Movies

Watching and catching up with Killing Eve on Hulu. Just finished Zero Zero Zero. Finally saw 1917, Parasite, and Hobbs and Shaw. Can't wait to see Bosch on Amazon Prime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bshnt2015 View Post
    Watching and catching up with Killing Eve on Hulu. Just finished Zero Zero Zero. Finally saw 1917, Parasite, and Hobbs and Shaw. Can't wait to see Bosch on Amazon Prime.
    How was Zero?

User Tag List