Page 638 of 819 FirstFirst ... 138538588628636637638639640648688738 ... LastLast
Results 6,371 to 6,380 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Miss Meadows - with Katy Holmes. It got bad reviews but I like it. A psychologically disturbed beautiful woman takes on a vigilante role. Sort of a Charles Bronson but with a 25 ACP pocket semi. However, she is a one head shot stopper. A local sheriff falls for her and then figures out that she is wanted. How they resolve their relationship is interesting.

Worth the watch if you have nothing to do.

Site Supporter
    Watched Kate on Netflix. Visually quite excellent with a Blade Runner meets Black Rain kind of vibe.

Entertaining Movie (as opposed to film). Solid B-B+ in the "High Rpm/Low IQ genre."
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Thanks to whomever recommended "No Escape" with Owen Wilson a few pages back.

Totally worth my time, which is high praise nowadays.

It goes down like a dramatized version of something out of Greg Ellifritz's "Choose Adventure" book.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Watched "The Many Saints of Newark". This was supposed to be a prequel to "The Sopranos" and tell the story of how Tony became Tony.

I kept waiting for something to happen along those lines. It never did. It's not worth the time unless you're really bored.

What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

***Spolier alert for No Escape***

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Thanks to whomever recommended "No Escape" with Owen Wilson a few pages back.

Totally worth my time, which is high praise nowadays.

It goes down like a dramatized version of something out of Greg Ellifritz's "Choose Adventure" book.
    The follow-up to the Brosnan 007 films, much like The Rock was to Connery’s.

Overly-detailed analysis of The Rock being a 007 film here:

https://youtu.be/9FdnevXjqdc

Wind River with Jeremy Renner and Graham Greene.

Interesting shootout at the end. Don't bring a pistol to a scoped big bore rifle fight...

Another good forum recommendation, "Siege of Jadotville" on Netflix.

A junior-league entry in the "totally outnumbered military" group (typified by "Black Hawk Down" and "13 Hours"), but manages to hold its own. Star Jamie Dornan managed to keep his clothes on ("50 Shades" joke), and Jason O'Mara made a convincing platoon sergeant. It's good to hear that the book on which they based the movie (and the movie itself) got the real-life soldiers the recognition they deserved.

Totally worth my time.
    Last edited by Guerrero; 10-05-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Another good forum recommendation, "Siege of Jadotville" on Netflix.

A junior-league entry in the "totally outnumbered military" group (typified by "Black Hawk Down" and "13 Hours"), but manages to hold its own. Star Jamie Dornan managed to keep his clothes on ("50 Shades" joke), and Jason O'Mara made a convincing platoon sergeant. It's good to hear that the book on which they based the movie (and the movie itself) got the real-life soldiers the recognition they deserved.

Totally worth my time.
    I just got done listening to the book on Audible. Lots of background and aftermath information. It was included with a the Amazon Audible membership but I"m not certain that is the case now.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Watched a couple of pretty decent limited series on Netflix. "Click Bait," and "If I Hadn't Met You."
    "Click Bait," has some real twists and turns right up to the end of the last episode.
    "If I Hadn't Met You." is a Spanish show with dubbed English. The dialogue often sounds like it's being read rather than acted. But the plot and acting make up for it.

Site Supporter
    Three episodes into "Y: The Last Man."OK, so far. It's obviously written and produced by some woke folks, but as it goes dystopian pretty quick, it doesn't have a lot of time for virtue signaling. Gun handling is appalling, but as most of the survivors were woke urbanites, I suppose that's actually accurate.

User Tag List