Page 664 of 819 FirstFirst ... 164564614654662663664665666674714764 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,640 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I watched the Tender Bar last night with my wife. It didn’t catch her attention. I really liked it with some great laughs for me. I liked Been Affleck as Uncle Charlie.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Man, so many thoughts here. I've really loved this series. The finale was good, I really appreciate that they tried to put an ending on it that created an end that was mostly satifying (the universe is too big to wrap up everything) and can give you an end to the arc, but it's still wide open if someone else can pick up the ball and run with it. The Cara/Xan arc however deserved a better bow tied on it if this really is the end.
    The series finale had another loose end with Filip doing what he didn’t do in the books. Somebody with some pull in production spent a lot of budget filming or CGI-ing the Laconia and Filip arcs in hopes of a restart. It’s rare to love the series or movie as much as the book(s) but everyone pulled it off with The Expanse. If it ends I’ll be content, if it starts anew I’ll be there with popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    The series finale had another loose end with Filip doing what he didn’t do in the books. Somebody with some pull in production spent a lot of budget filming or CGI-ing the Laconia and Filip arcs in hopes of a restart. It’s rare to love the series or movie as much as the book(s) but everyone pulled it off with The Expanse. If it ends I’ll be content, if it starts anew I’ll be there with popcorn.
    Ah, I missed the Filip angle. My book reading hasn't caught up to my series watching yet. (Through the first couple books/seasons I'm pretty impressed at how well they've tracked. Obviously there are differences but I haven't felt they're super consequential - yet. I can imagine they continue to stack up over time.)
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

On Boba Fett:

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I really think the street gang is out of place for Tatooine. They would have been a believable add on a more urbanized planet but they are really a weird juxtaposition on Tatooine.
    I thought the hipster scooter gang felt pretty strongly like some people wearing suits were concerned with product engagement with customer segment #3 - the whole thing feels so much like blatantly slapped on marketing that is very much out of place.

Definitely agree that this is no Mandalorian. That series had this neat space western vibe that at least for me excused a ton of the illogicalities regarding tech levels and other such typical Star Wars universe nonsense, but with Boba Fett I'm just not feeling it.

Probably still going to keep watching the damn program, though.

And damn it guys, not everyone has seen the last episode of Expanse yet. I had to do some speed scrolling here...

Watched Knives Out this weekend. I thought it was okay. Girlfriend really liked it! A whodunnit with some funny bits. As always with such films, the plot twists get unrealistically convoluted, but the way the movie is written makes it more palatable. I'd say it's worth watching.

Site Supporter
    Jungle Cruse. It's a lot of over the top fun. Emily Blunt ain't too hard on the eyes an The Rock is entertaining.

One of the best shows on TV, The Righteous Gemstones, is back for season 2 in case you missed it. We are up to Episode 3 and it's been a hoot!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Jungle Cruse. It's a lot of over the top fun. Emily Blunt ain't too hard on the eyes an The Rock is entertaining.
    It's part of the genre my Older Offspring describes as, "Bald Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson In The Jungle"
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    I'm *enjoying* Boba Fett. Weak as it is, it's still better than a lot of trash on TV.

I finished The Expanse last Friday and just finished the last book last night (actually at 2am when the gale force winds woke me up). I *REALLY* hope they do a mini-series of what happens after the last Amazon episode and I'd also really love to see a movie or something that picks up after the last book. There's some neat potential for world building there.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Season 5 of Outlander. Checked it out from the library. I'm not signing up to stars for season 6. I'll just have to wait for it to stream on something I've already got, or somebody to donate it to the library. Good show though.

Went to see Ghostbusters: Afterlife yesterday. There's a couple plot points that don't quite make sense but overall it was a really really good movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List