Page 641 of 819 FirstFirst ... 141541591631639640641642643651691741 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,410 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    ** Spoiler alert*

Wife and I watched Out of the Wild this weekend. Neither of us liked it, even a little. No idea how it got 4.5 stars on Amazon.

Predictable, choppy, open ended and there's just no way the smokin hot lady rancher falls for the stinky drunk looks-old-enough-to-be-her-father broke-down cowboy. Maybe if they would have cast an older-looking woman in that role.... She's actually almost 50 but could pass for late-30's... Wife and I both were cringey when they kissed.
    On the other hand (OTOH), it was free.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    The wife and I just started "Billions" on Prime. We're only 3 episodes into the 1st season, but it's shaping up to be pretty good. Lots of testosterone and phallus shaking. A list of great actors. Damian Lewis, Paul Giamatti, Maggie Siff, and more.

Harold Lloyd

Turner Classics had a couple Harold Lloyd silent movies and I watched The Kid Brother. Pretty amazing stunts considering 1920's technology, that they were pretty much inventing everything and (quoted from wiki article)
    On Sunday, August 24, 1919, while posing for some promotional still photographs in the Los Angeles Witzel Photography Studio, he picked up what he thought was a prop bomb and lit it with a cigarette.[11] It exploded and mangled his right hand, causing him to lose a thumb and forefinger. The blast was severe enough that the cameraman and prop director nearby were also seriously injured. Lloyd was in the act of lighting a cigarette from the fuse of the bomb when it exploded, also badly burning his face and chest and injuring his eye. Despite the proximity of the blast to his face, he retained his sight. As he recalled in 1930, "I thought I would surely be so disabled that I would never be able to work again. I didn't suppose that I would have one five-hundredth of what I have now. Still I thought, 'Life is worth while. Just to be alive.' I still think so."[12]
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Harold Lloyd and Buster Keaton were both astonishing.

Site Supporter
    Watched "The Hero" with Sam Elliott last night. Enjoyed it. Solid acting. Interesting story line and characters.
    Krysten Ritter is almost always cute (short time on screen), but Laura Prepon is just plain sexy in it.

Didn't like the way they handled the ending. Minus 1 star.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Something Happened I don’t think we’ve ever done, we saw No Time To Die early afternoon, went out to dinner, the went out to see Halloween kills. Best part, we really enjoyed both.

Midnight Mass on Netflix...really enjoyed the characters and the acting, especially the guy playing the priest.

Ending made me wonder why I bothered. YMMV, of course.

Site Supporter
    I saw Margin Call last night (2011 film about the 2008 crisis). The acting is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    I saw Margin Call last night (2011 film about the 2008 crisis). The acting is superb.
    Great cast. Jeremy Irons was awesome. Underrated movie.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Just watched The Labyrinth (David Bowie) for the first time. Daughter insisted.

It’s weird.

User Tag List