Page 271 of 817 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371771 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 8166

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Rented "Beirut" recently staring John Ham. I thought it quite good.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Norsemen (Netflix): a story about a bunch of Vikings, except the Vikings talk and mostly (apart from the violence) act like your typical modern, suburban, social democrat Swedes. At least for the first few episodes it's hysterically funny!

I'm probably late to the party on this one, but I started watching Godless on Netflix last night. When I read the description I figured I'd make it 30 minutes in and shut it off, but I ended up watching it from about midnight to 4am. Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I'm probably late to the party on this one, but I started watching Godless on Netflix last night. When I read the description I figured I'd make it 30 minutes in and shut it off, but I ended up watching it from about midnight to 4am. Very good.
    We enjoyed that one quite a bit (overall) as well.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Another noir-ish western I enjoyed is The Salvation (I think it's still available on Netflix). Fairly typical revenge plot, but very well done. Also might be the only western you'll ever see starring a Danish actor (Mads Mikkelsen), as an actual Danish settler [emoji41]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Sumo is back on. As in regards to our football thread, these guys have a shortened life span and I wonder if they are looking at CTE. They smash heads quite a bit.

What would the world be like if we didn't carry guns but went around with a Battlebots robot and controller?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    What would the world be like if we didn't carry guns but went around with a Battlebots robot and controller?
    Crowded.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

13 Hours is on FX right now. Made it most of the way through the credits and decided I didn't need to be putting myself into a righteous rage at the utter indifference of the previous misadministration to providing the nation with actual leadership. I don't need any incentive to be even more grateful that HRC is not President.
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    13 Hours is on FX right now. Made it most of the way through the credits and decided I didn't need to be putting myself into a righteous rage at the utter indifference of the previous misadministration to providing the nation with actual leadership. I don't need any incentive to be even more grateful that HRC is not President.
    It's a good movie, though, highlighting the heroism of those involved with relatively little dramatization or sensationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    It's a good movie, though, highlighting the heroism of those involved with relatively little dramatization or sensationalism.
    And Paronto just got banned from Twitter for calling Obama out. If my cardio-vascular system needs a workout, I'll go to the gym or work in the yard.
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List