Page 351 of 812 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 8112

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Saw it tonight. I really enjoyed it a lot. Recommend.
    I thought it was a fitting end to the series, and I enjoyed it as well. That said, the people who have said it could have been shorter are correct IMO. I felt that there were a large number of 5 minute scenes that could have been 3 minutes, 45 seconds that could have been 30, etc. Better editing and it could easily have been a 2.5 hour movie instead of 3 hours, and I believe it would have been better for it.

Vending Machine Operator
    Just got back from a John Wick 3: Parabellum matinee. Freaking fantastic, of course.

It did not help my burning craving for an optics-equipped pistol one iota.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Wick II was okay except for the gun selection scene.
    What are you talking about? That scene was the best one in the movie!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    John Wick 3: By the time it came to the end, I was numb.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Apollo 11--the one made from the actual footage. It was incredible.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gtae07 View Post
    Apollo 11--the one made from the actual footage. It was incredible.
    It was indeed impressive.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 05-21-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Just got back from John Wick 3. Even at 7:00pm on a Tuesday night the theater was totally packed.

Basically more of the same but they made it funny. Or some may say they tried to make it funny and failed. That's subjective but I thought it was funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Just finished the Netflix docu-series "Jailbirds" about the lives of (mostly female) inmates inside the Sacramento County Jail. Highlights include things like inmates making improvised dildos and bailing out their toilets to talk to each other through the plumbing (sometimes fishing contraband to each other).

Supposedly the filmmakers were there to showcase the county's work rehabilitation programs, but they focused mostly on inmate drama which turned the documentary into a Sacramento Jail version of Orange is the New Black. While they probably tried to be fair and generally showed the COs in a favorable light, locals familiar with some of the heinous crimes will be turned off by the way the show almost glorifies some straight-up psychopaths.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Just finished the Netflix docu-series "Jailbirds" about the lives of (mostly female) inmates inside the Sacramento County Jail. Highlights include things like inmates making improvised dildos and bailing out their toilets to talk to each other through the plumbing (sometimes fishing contraband to each other).

Supposedly the filmmakers were there to showcase the county's work rehabilitation programs, but they focused mostly on inmate drama which turned the documentary into a Sacramento Jail version of Orange is the New Black. While they probably tried to be fair and generally showed the COs in a favorable light, locals familiar with some of the heinous crimes will be turned off by the way the show almost glorifies some straight-up psychopaths.
    It's amazing what they can do in there. I saw this guy spinning a book at the end of a long piece of string. I asked a more experienced C/O what he was doing. "Making thread," was the answer. He then pointed out the wind catchers, rings, beaded necklaces, and crucifixes they guy had made from thread. It was pretty impressive stuff.
    "Where does he get the thread." I asked.
    "That's what he doing now," I was told. "He's making thread out of a plastic garbage bag." It seems they stretch it out, and spin it until it basically becomes thread.

Airplane! was on AMC today.
    It was interesting to see which gags they left in; the only one I can think of they cut was where Julie Haggerty was re-inflating the autopilot. (They showed her unbuckling the flap over the "valve", but not exposing it, or blowing it up. They also left our Leslie Nielsen stepping into the cockpit, and excusing himself.)

I've started a new project: Every month or so I, buying a BluRay Disk of "endangered" movies. Blazing Saddles was delivered today...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List