Page 589 of 817 FirstFirst ... 89489539579587588589590591599639689 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I'm watching the guy from "Letterkenny" playing a cop in "19-2", a Canadian police soap opera. (Acorn TV)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I’m rewatching Jericho now. What a great show, at least the first season. Too bad they moved the story too quickly, though I think maybe that was done knowing they weren’t getting renewed. I think if they kept the town more isolated, it would have been far more appealing, ala The Walking Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I’m rewatching Jericho now. What a great show, at least the first season. Too bad they moved the story too quickly, though I think maybe that was done knowing they weren’t getting renewed. I think if they kept the town more isolated, it would have been far more appealing, ala The Walking Dead.
    That was a good show. I think I watched it twice. I might watch it again now that you’ve brought it up.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Binging Bosch, I like it. I lost interest in the books when he became a private investigator, semi vigilante. I was interested in the show that so many of the officers carried 1911s. Don't know if that was realistic for the LAPD?

Only into the first three seasons. Waiting on Godzilla vs. Kong. I have soft spot for Godzilla as I saw the original in Radio City Music Hall when I was a kid.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Big Trouble in Little China is now free to watch on Youtube. It's one of those movies that everyone talked about when I was a kid but I never saw it. I had some downtime while guarding critical infrastructure (nobody stole any train tracks, if you were curious) and watched it over two days. I realize many consider it a classic for some reason, but I just couldn't get into it. Maybe it was something in the 80s, but I was bored. The story is nonsensical and shallow. The characters are one dimensional stereotypes. I'm not sure if the combat is supposed to be a parody or a serious attempt at an action movie.

I do not get the appeal.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The story is nonsensical and shallow. The characters are one dimensional stereotypes. I'm not sure if the combat is supposed to be a parody or a serious attempt at an action movie.
    That's the appeal.

I looked at it as a comedy.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I watched Arkansas yesterday on Prime. The cast doesn't save the movie, but you can save two hours of your life.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

We watched The Highwaymen, the 2019 story of Frank Hamer tracking down Bonny and Clyde.

What an excellent film. Solid story, well directed, good dialog, and great characterizations by Costner and Harrelson.

4 out of 5 stars.

Site Supporter
    Battlebots - silly but amusing. Finished all of Bosch. Hear they will have a season with him as a PI for Honey. Not that interesting, I felt the books became silly when he became a PI. Never bought into the superhero PI, stupid police themes.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Big Trouble in Little China is now free to watch on Youtube. It's one of those movies that everyone talked about when I was a kid but I never saw it. I had some downtime while guarding critical infrastructure (nobody stole any train tracks, if you were curious) and watched it over two days. I realize many consider it a classic for some reason, but I just couldn't get into it. Maybe it was something in the 80s, but I was bored. The story is nonsensical and shallow. The characters are one dimensional stereotypes. I'm not sure if the combat is supposed to be a parody or a serious attempt at an action movie.

I do not get the appeal.
    Pure camp.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List