Page 601 of 817 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602603611651701 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 8169

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Anna I thought was a Nikita remake, from the other side. (or point of no return, etc)

I recently watched "15 Minutes Of War" on Prime. It is a 2019 film based on a true story. It is in French with subtitles but I found well worth the watch. I would rate it 7/10.

Here is a description I found online...

In February 1976 in Djibouti, the last French colony, a school bus is taken hostage 100 meters from the Somali border. A unit of top French snipers is sent to neutralise the terrorists in a high-risk operation, marking the birth of the elite GIGN group, and after 30 hours of tension a rescue effort is organised for the captured children.

As a 90s kid, I enjoyed the new Mortal Kombat. I'm not surprised though to hear people over 45 who didn't grow up playing the video game say they didn't like it. It's one of those you had to be there kind of thing.

Tenet is, well, kinda hard to describe. If you're just looking to turn on something for mindless entertainment, you're gonna be disappointed. I started watching it the other night but wasn't really in the mood to have to pay that close attention to what I was watching. I restarted it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Have been binge watching the show Billions- huge fan. Acting is great, each show seems to end with a hook- I feel it’s done well.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Site Supporter
    Watched Rush today, enjoyed it.

Motherless Brooklyn

Film noir, 1950's New York City. A detective with Tourette's syndrome investigates the murder of his mentor. Great writing, great casting, great acting, excellent movie! The end was a little meh but still, overall I was very positively surprised by this movie. Thumbs up!

Angel Has Fallen

Part three of a trilogy where one Secret Service agent rescues the President of the United States from rather unlikely assassination attempts. Lots of action, stupid and annoying plot with plenty of holes in it. The old man was hilarious! An okay movie if you're looking for mindless action I guess, the old man counterbalances some of the holes in the plot.

Site Supporter
    Jupiter's Legacy. A take on superheroes with a debate on the debate of should you kill. Based on Batman and Superman refusing to and allowing lots of bad guys get away with mega killings repeatedly. Amusing but I wouldn't pay extra for it. Lots of plot holes. The heroes are all idiots. I like the villains better.

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Invincible on Amazon.

Like SuperFriends for adults with Sam Peckinpah directing. Ultraviolent, beyond gory, with badass battles and rivers of blood. Also, frequently funny. From the guy who brought you The Walking Dead.

Reminded me of Marshall Law and Miracleman at their most violent mixed with early Spider-Man coming-of-age stuff. Great cast, smart writing, and great art direction that uses the screen like a giant page panel. Very 2-d.

The "feds" in the show are a pretty good extrapolation on how such agencies would work in the shadow of humanoid WOMDs. And with super equipment. More SCOCOM than SHIELD. No room for non-professionals.

Also watched Q:Into the Storm.

I found it entertaining, and horrifying.

And I don't understand why the fact the likely partial architect of Jan 6 ("it was all about getting the normies to do research" he admits while stoned, later) "Codemonkey", owner/operator of 8kun( host of QAnon's drops), operator of the Q research board, was Fox News "digital election expert" telling us all about Dominon's election fraud isn't bigger news.

But I'm probably engaged in CT thinking.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Saw “Greyhound” on Apple TV and thought it was very good.

Tom Hanks wrote the screenplay as well as acting in the lead role.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List