Page 703 of 817 FirstFirst ... 203603653693701702703704705713753803 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,030 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Dark Winds seemed like it had potential but I just couldn't get into it. It felt like it's made for one generation older than I, much like Longmire.
    I think you hit the nail on the head for me for both of those shows.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Dark Winds seemed like it had potential but I just couldn't get into it. It felt like it's made for one generation older than I, much like Longmire.
    Lol. Guess I’m the old geezer generation targeted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much binge watched The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. Thought it was entertaining, but aside from seeing the movie I’ve not read the books. Does have a pretty strong anti cop mood, but it’s the pov of a defense lawyer, so there is that.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Me, too. The concluding episode was a bit of a hot mess, imo.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Me, too. The concluding episode was a bit of a hot mess, imo.
    It's kinda like how my Zoomer nephew and his friends don't understand why I like Heat so much, among other movies and tv shows popular with gen x and millenials.

Site Supporter
    Re Dark Winds on AMC:

Growing up. I could never get into the Hilleman books re Dark Winds etc. after trying once or twice.

Perhaps I will retry as I enjoyed the TV show.

I thought the actors were reasonably well cast and the right mix of "magic" for lack of a better term.

6+ hours of beautiful brown people is rarely a bad thing.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

1883 on Paramount +
    Cisgender sexist warning!
    The show is enjoyable enough simply for the eye candy buffet. They bracket the age range from Isabel May as the 18 year old hottie, Gratiela Brancusi as the Young MILF, and Faith Hill as the mature woman.
    Other than that? C'mon man...
    The show is a retconned modern version of a 50s Oater, With liberated cowgirls and friendly Comanches(WTF? Comanches?). Add a dose of up-to-date action movie brutality of finishing off opponents on the ground and shooting people willy nilly. There's like 7 people killed in the first 10 minutes, all by Tim McGraw.
    There was a pseudo posse scene where the town Marshal(Billy Bob Thornton as "Long Haired Jim" Courtwright-sans any hair) just leads a shoot-on-sight wipeout of a gang of(bullies? Rudely behaving men?) in a crowded saloon. Simply on the say so of our protagonists.
    Then there is Sam Elliot's "leadership" of the greenhorn immigrants(who don't speak english at all until about a week on the trail.), which consists of screaming, threatening and just letting them do whatever they're inclined to do as utterly helpless babes in the woods. There's a guy channeling Strother Martin("Damme!") as somehow the cowgirl's love interest. And a Comanche with a hilariously wonderful Texas redneck accent.
    Sigh...
    She is a cute cowgirl though

Noemi

Faith haggarded up

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Re Dark Winds on AMC:

Growing up. I could never get into the Hilleman books re Dark Winds etc. after trying once or twice.

Perhaps I will retry as I enjoyed the TV show.

I thought the actors were reasonably well cast and the right mix of "magic" for lack of a better term.

6+ hours of beautiful brown people is rarely a bad thing.
    I’m rereading the series now. I had forgotten Chee had applied to the FBI. It’s interesting to see they took a lot of story lines out of the first books and threw them into the first season.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Started to watch PBS Nova specials. Two on material science. Electron rings and covalent bonding - brings back chem memories. Although when I went to school, the periodic table had 4 elements - Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

I'm getting on a plane tomorrow, god willing, so I need some suggestions specifically that are able to be downloaded onto an iPad. netflix does this, I believe? Not sure what other services, but I also have Paramount+, Disney+, Amazon Prime, HBO max (jesus, feels like I might as well have cable now that I type all that out...)
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List