Page 216 of 819 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316716 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

We took the kids to see "Ready Player One" last night. I had no idea what it was prior to going but it was actually pretty good and I normally wouldn't like those types of movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    We took the kids to see "Ready Player One" last night. I had no idea what it was prior to going but it was actually pretty good and I normally wouldn't like those types of movies.
    The book's even better.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    The book's even better.
    Didn't even know there was a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Didn't even know there was a book.
    Last edited by Guerrero; 04-23-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Watched Krypton - about Superman's planet. Mildly entertaining. I have trouble watching all the intrique knowing they all get blown up in a few years, so who cares?

Been watching a whole lot of shows about the Planets when working out. The universe is really weird and we are just nothing given the size and forces involved. Those who think we are special are deluding themselves.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Been watching a whole lot of shows about the Planets when working out. The universe is really weird and we are just nothing given the size and forces involved. Those who think we are special are deluding themselves.
    I think that depends on what you mean by "special". If you mean to say that humans are not necessarily significant compared to the universe then I agree. On the other hand it can be said that based on what we have and have not observed so far, Earth and its life forms seem to be absolutely unique.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Atomic Blonde: ... it was a trip through nostalgia for this child of the 70s and 80s (I was in HS when the wall came down).
    Saw that it was on HBO and for S&Gs turned it on toward the end to see if it looked like something I would watch. I agree that my first impression of the movie itself was that is is nothing to write home about, basically John Wick with a blonde wig, and was about to turn it off when the sequence with the sad remake of 99 Luftballoons playing in the background started. It was then that I realized that it was set at the end of the cold war started appreciating the attention given to recreating an 80's feel.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    Lost in Space. I'm going to buck the trend. I thought it enjoyable light fare. The heroes are self-reliant. There are grey characters who are neither evil nor heroes. Some characters express a dislike for weapons/violence and others disagree. Violence is used for both noble and ignoble ends. I was somewhat disappointed that humanity's greed is the root of humanity's problems.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I’m with you as well. The family and I have enjoyed watching S1. It has its liberal moments for sure, but so far so good.

It’s not too hard to envision exponential population growth resulting in resource wars and overcrowding which results in issues that could require an eventual relocation. Hell life is a cycle. This rock will die eventually. Even if it takes a few billion years till the sun melts it.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Finished the first season of Westworld to prep for the beginning of the second season. I feel like I should like it more than I do, but it just lacks a certain je ne sais quoi that would put it in the 'great' category.

That being said, the production values are stellar, the cast is excellent, and the writing is on-point more often than it's not. It's definitely in the 'repeat viewing' category.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Finished the first season of Westworld to prep for the beginning of the second season. I feel like I should like it more than I do, but it just lacks a certain je ne sais quoi that would put it in the 'great' category.

That being said, the production values are stellar, the cast is excellent, and the writing is on-point more often than it's not. It's definitely in the 'repeat viewing' category.
    I agree on it lacking some type of Jean-S-A-Kwaw. I found the first season mildly entertaining enough to keep watching, although it took us several months to finish it.

User Tag List