Page 399 of 817 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I watched the 70's version of Midway a long time ago. That movie had the same problem as this one. How do you make a movie about an air battle without a bunch of airplanes to film? Their solution was using stock footage and not getting too much into the cockpit as I recall.

Frankly, the history on this version is better than I remember the 70's version having.

Neither movie emphasized the American problems of localizing the Japanese fleet enough for my taste. Having said that, if you can stomach the mildly cartoon-ish flavor of this one, this is the better movie.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    I didn't see a single F4F, CGI might cost more than I think.
    That's disappointing since Wildcats definitely affected the outcome of the battle.

Just finished The Wire.
    I have a sad...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I tried to look through the thread to see if it had been mentioned but kinda gave up.

Someone on a revolver group on Facebook recommended “Crime Story” and after watching the pilot and the second episode I’m pretty hooked. I joked in a Facebook post that it’s just Chicago PD but set in the 1960’s. It’s just got a good vibe, old-school-cool outfits and guns, and I’ll always watch something with Denis Farina in it.

Also, the theme song is pretty awesome as well.
    https://youtu.be/y0oorwyJlv4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Watched episode #1 tonight too. I really like it so far.
    Just watched Episode #2. Un Fricking Believable! The best Star Wars since Return of The Jedi!

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Just watched Episode #2. Un Fricking Believable! The best Star Wars since Return of The Jedi!
    Agree. Laughed several times in ep. 2. I would say its the best since Rogue One and kind of has that same feel. This is the Star Wars I've been looking for.

I'm dying over here and you guys aren't helping. I promised the daughter that we'd watch The Mandalorian together, but we haven't had time and probably won't until at least tomorrow night.
    I've seen enough spoilers and reviews, plus the feedback here, to be super excited.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

FYI if you have Verizon with unlimited plans you get a year of Disney+ for free. Just for anyone wanting to watch but not wanting to pony up another sub.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

just broke down a got the 7 day free trial and watched the first 2 episodes of The Mandalorian. Looks like I will be paying for a couple months now

Very much a Clint Eastwood/Toshiro Mifune western vibe

I watched “Monzon - A Knockout Blow” on Netflix.

As a boxing fan I find Carlos Monzon to be a top 5 all time middleweight. As a human being he was a POS.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List