Page 163 of 819 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263663 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Banned
    My wife is currently watching Martha Bakes! on Create TV. Tonight Martha Stewart is showing us how to turn stewed peaches into hooch in a toilet tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    My wife is currently watching Martha Bakes! on Create TV. Tonight Martha Stewart is showing us how to turn stewed peaches into hooch in a toilet tank.
    Gee, I wonder where she could have learned a skill like that...?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Anyone watching Godless? The first episode leaves me with high hopes. The guy drawing and shooting the snake with a single-action was sweet.
    Yup. I'm 4 episodes in. Netflix has figured something out about making high quality scripted programing.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    DeRay Davis: How to Act Black (Netflix) - If you like black comedians, this guy is a shoe in. He's hilarious and a great performer.

On top of that: the dude has the most coherent discussion of racism, gun laws, and mass shootings I've ever seen in stand up. His views are so pragmatic, I paused the show to write this.

After hearing blowhards like Jim Jefferies spend their entire act on an anti-gun spiel, DeRay tells it like it is. There's still another half-hour in the show, so he may infuriate me yet, but in the mean time: If you're looking for good stand up comedy, check him out.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    I never heard of DeRay Davis before his show appeared on Netflix. I watched about half before moving onto other things and never coming back. Your post reminded me that I need to finish the show. Dude's funny and more coherent than most comedians.

Chris

Almost done with Punisher on netflix. Potential spoiler to follow, fyi: The first episode was a bit lame but it really picked up, friggin awesome so far. Best punisher iteration to date and that includes the garth ennis series. Bonus is the gorgeous homeland security agent. Another bonus is the complete hypocritical baffoon of a pro gun control politician. Surprisingly the show seems to be pro military and pro rkba, even with the addition of a "broken vet" domestic terrorist. No complaints about the gun handling either
    Last edited by ReverendMeat; 12-02-2017 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Typos and spoiler tag
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Almost done with Punisher on netflix. Potential spoiler to follow, fyi: The first episode was a bit lame but it really picked up, friggin awesome so far. Best punisher iteration to date and that includes the garth ennis series. Bonus is the gorgeous homeland security agent. Another bonus is the complete hypocritical baffoon of a pro gun control politician. Surprisingly the show seems to be pro military and pro rkba, even with the addition of a "broken vet" domestic terrorist. No complaints about the gun handling either
    I was really pleased with it as well. At the worst reading, it is even handed as far as gun politics, though I tend to agree with your assessment.

The Ennis run of Punisher is one of my favorite comic arcs, and while I won't say I thought this was outright better; it lived up to my expectations. Netflix hit this one out of the park.

And she is stupid attractive. Not fair, Netflix. Not. Fair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
    Yup. I'm 4 episodes in. Netflix has figured something out about making high quality scripted programing.
    Just finished Godless last night. One of the best westerns made in the modern era. One can only hope it will drive a resurgence of the genre. Highly recommended.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Netflix Altered Carbon series will be out 2/2/18.
    From the article it sounds like they're mashing some of the story together, but maybe it won't be too bad. Judging from the trailer and the stills at least it will be visually badass.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/04/altered-...ailer-netflix/

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NickA; 12-04-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Mindhunter on Netflix.

Interesting premise, good casting, some shitty modern day political bullshit but if you disregard those small instances there is a lot of cool (and legit) info.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List