Page 329 of 822 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 8211

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    HOWEVER...I did think of @SouthNarc the whole way through this John Pilgrim scene from season 2. I wish it was about a min longer, you'd see Pilgrim in his tank T after he cleans up and it only reinforces the image.
    At 2:58, the look of fear on the mob guy's face says he sincerely regrets his unfortunate life choices.

Chris

Just finished the Bruce Willis Death Wish. Bits of it were kinda cringy, overall it was OK. Not a must-see but not a hard pass either.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Just watched Overlord. Premise is, on D-Day some soldiers get dropped behind enemy lines and find Nazi experiments turning people into zombies of a sort. Like most horror films, there’s a couple “that’s not what I would’ve done” moments but it’s entertaining start to finish.

If you’re thinking, “Yeah, I’ve heard of that, idk if I should watch it or not,” the answer is...yes, if you like that sort of thing. If this had been made in the 80’s it’d be a horror classic. If that’s not your cup of tea, you probably won’t like it anyway. But if you like horror/monster films it’s one of the better ones recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    Just watched Overlord. Premise is, on D-Day some soldiers get dropped behind enemy lines and find Nazi experiments turning people into zombies of a sort. Like most horror films, there’s a couple “that’s not what I would’ve done” moments but it’s entertaining start to finish.

If you’re thinking, “Yeah, I’ve heard of that, idk if I should watch it or not,” the answer is...yes, if you like that sort of thing. If this had been made in the 80’s it’d be a horror classic. If that’s not your cup of tea, you probably won’t like it anyway. But if you like horror/monster films it’s one of the better ones recently.
    I wanted to see that when I saw a trailer, but it fell off my radar. Reminds me of the Wolfenstein games.

How did you watch?

Both on Netflix:

Trevor Noah, Son of Patricia: As Trevor Noah lives in the U.S. these days, his material is very much written for an U.S. audience. (And a big city dwelling U.S. audience at that.) And as a result, to me his jokes are really not as funny any more. I used to love his earlier work, but this one was pretty meh.

Zero Dark Thirty: a dramatization of the U.S. hunt for Osama bin Laden. A long movie at over two and a half hours, and more of a drama than a thriller. As a dramatization, it takes quite a few liberties with actual events and people, so don't go in believing it's a documentary. Still, the real measure of a movie is how long it feels, and this one felt shorter than it actually was. So worth a watch.
    Last edited by That Guy; 02-24-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I wanted to see that when I saw a trailer, but it fell off my radar. Reminds me of the Wolfenstein games.

How did you watch?
    Wife doesn’t like this kind of stuff at all, so I rented it on iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Zero Dark Thirty: a dramatization of the U.S. hunt for Osama bin Laden.
    I always put it on when I am in the mood for a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I always put it on when I am in the mood for a happy ending.
    It gets me there...

The Equalizer: Denzel Washington is a retired killing machine who spends his time coaching people. But when mobsters treat a girl poorly he becomes unretired and kills everyone. Wait... Isn't that another movie?

While the movie is pretty much Man on Fire meets John Wick 2 (with the same Russian mafia hipsters ), it's still pretty entertaining. Especially if you don't think too hard while watching it. Good flu medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    The Equalizer: Denzel Washington is a retired killing machine who spends his time coaching people. But when mobsters treat a girl poorly he becomes unretired and kills everyone. Wait... Isn't that another movie?

While the movie is pretty much Man on Fire meets John Wick 2 (with the same Russian mafia hipsters ), it's still pretty entertaining. Especially if you don't think too hard while watching it. Good flu medicine.
    Yeah, that's a good movie. The sequel is also really good but has a different feel to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List