Page 258 of 817 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358758 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 8164

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    It’s not exactly a TV show, but in the heat of summer it’s nice to watch the live cams of bears fishing at Brooks Falls in Katmai National Park, Alaska.

https://explore.org/livecams/brown-b...rown-bears-low
    THANK YOU SIR!

That just made my week

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Extinction, a Netflix movie about an alien invasion on Earth. Think Battle for Los Angeles but from a civilian point of view, and you won't be too far off.

Despite being a Netflix movie, this was actually really a very good one! It has an actual plot that, aside from a few necessary issues you'll have to suspend your disbelief for in order for the movie to work at all, makes actual sense at the end of the movie. It has characters that act more or less logically, taking into consideration the situation they find themselves in, and not completely idiotically. And the twist in the plot is really kind of neat. (The gun tracker thing was kind of dumb, but hey... It's a good movie so I'll let that one go. And the people who were running the train definitely could have acted a bit smarter. I guess the producers felt the need to create a dramatic scene there.)

Like I said, it is a good movie. Definitely watch it if you're at all into these sort of movies.
    The twist made the movie. I was about to turn it off when the twist started to become apparent.

Chris

Site Supporter
    If somebody will supply the correct address, I'll send in my man-card.
    Heaven help me:
    "Heart of Dixie" on Netflix.
    The premise is a New York doctor on the fast track to a high power career as a surgeon moves to a small Alabama town and takes over the practice left to her by her biological father.
    It's a comedy, almost slap-stick. The depiction of southern life is both idyllic and ridiculous. They get just enough obscure idioms right to make me think the first draft is written by somebody from the South, then edited by a clueless urbanite.
    It's predictable and repetitive, but I find I enjoyed the literary scenery along a well known route.
    It's wholesome and has a very optimistic view of human nature. I'd happily move to the fictional town of Bluebell Alabama, where there are decorative lights everywhere, and apparently no mosquitos. Heck, I just felt better after watching each episode.
    In defense of my masculinity, there are a bunch of very pretty women in it. In fact, uh ... I'm sure that's why I liked it.

Just saw The Meg. Hardly Oscar material, but if you're looking for a bit of ridiculous popcorn fare on which to waste a couple of summer hours I've seen far worse.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    "The Prisoner" is free on Amazon!
    I am not a number! I am a free man!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Being the intellectual giant that I am, I watch 'Death of Superman' - an animated film where he fights Doomsday. I found it much better than the recent film version of Superman.

Finally watched Ready Player One.

I enjoyed it every bit as much as I thought I would, being an avid gamer.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I finished the EDDIE: STRONGMAN about the Strongman Eddie Hall. I enjoyed it a lot. A great look into what it takes to become one of these guys from training, eating, time commitments, family sacrifice, etc.

Well worth a watch if the subject matter interest you.

On Netflix.
    Last edited by Otaku.edc; 08-15-2018 at 04:04 AM.

Site Supporter
    Watch Bizarre Destinations with Anthony Zimmern. He went to Hawaii and hunted mountain goats or sheep. Made two one shot kills at 200 yards. For a fat, bald, guy from NYC who moved to Minn., he is very gun friendly. He is a good shot unless it is faked but it doesn't look it. He once visited Dillon and rode around shooting a minigun from a vehicle.

Saw the new version of GunnyTime. It's sad Gunny passed. Can't say I like the new host. He needs to dial it back a bit.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Disenchantment (Netflix) - If you're a fan of Matt Groening's essential formula, you'll like this. Closer to 'Futurama' than 'The Simpsons.' In fact, it's essentially 'Futurama' set in a medieval fairytale land, which isn't a bad thing.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List