Page 200 of 819 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300700 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Im sure PF is not the target market for this program but The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon) is a great show. Really well written, set in the 50s and period nuance is spot on. Characters are all excellent and finally an original story, not some Holly Wood repackage of the same old ideas.

Even if it is not your style I recommend giving it two episodes.

The Outsider: a new one on Netflix, concerning the Yakuza in japan, circa 1954 and starring Jared Leto. This could have been a good one, but falls flat. This is primarily due to Letos miscasting. He might have been a good fit for the psychotic Joker (I didn't think so.) but here, he really doesn't exude any kind of qualities that would convince you he's someone the Yakuza would accept. Meh.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Saw it once in live time, don't need to see it again.
    Okay, I'll be more specific: "Required viewing for those of us who aren't ornery, sword-wielding fossils."

Seriously though, we are once again in the "debate" of, "Why would you ever need...?" If someone asks you that question, show them this. I have watched it three times, and I have yet to grow numb to it.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Sumo is back! Fighting fat guys! Get some sushi and sake and watch NHK. BTW, NKH does a decent newscast of the world as compared to the rants of our channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Okay, I'll be more specific: "Required viewing for those of us who aren't ornery, sword-wielding fossils."
    Well, since you put it that way I can get behind it.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The Cloverfield Paradox (Netflix) - This movie was awful. Horrible. Terrible. A series of increasingly derogatory adjectives. The only reason I watched the whole thing was because I was too brain dead to watch something coherent.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    The Cloverfield Paradox (Netflix) - This movie was awful. Horrible. Terrible. A series of increasingly derogatory adjectives. The only reason I watched the whole thing was because I was too brain dead to watch something coherent.
    I saw that too. That movie is shit.

Ash vs Evil Dead is pretty good if you liked any of the movies or any other Bruce Campbell stuff.

I just finished watching
    Stars in My Crown with Joel McCree.
    Excellent movie. Worth your time watching it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill

Site Supporter
    I watched the Justice League on cable. Except for the awesome Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman - it was stupid. I shall now watch the Lego Flash movie on cable and those Lego DC movies are usually hilarious.

I just rewatched Hell or High Water. I picked it up on Blu Ray from the discount bin at Walmart over the weekend. Still just as good as I remember it being. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn’t seen it. It’s one of my favorite movies of the last ten years. Now I think I’ll rewatch Sicario (Amazon Prime) and Wind River (Netflix) in preparation for Soldado.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List