Page 585 of 817 FirstFirst ... 85485535575583584585586587595635685 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 8164

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I also watched "Knives Out" while treadmilling. Several of my friends liked it and recommended it. It took me three tries to get through it. I know my attention span is terrible when it comes to movies but I couldn't get invested in the characters or the incredibly contrived story. It's billed as "mystery/comedy" and I get it was some sort of parody of a whodunit but it wasn't funny and was more like up it's own ass type of parody. A parade of stereotypes doing uninteresting things, mostly. I'm in the minority, apparently, as it gets high marks from reviewers and critics.
    Wife and I thought it was awful, forced and completely lacking a reasonable basis to continue past the first several minutes which we'll never get back.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Somebody mentioned "The Expanse" in another thread so I thought I'd check it out while treadmilling. I watched the first episode and it seems like it's alright.
    I was slow getting into it as well (although my wife and sons loved it from the beginning).
    Once you come to understand what’s going on and know some the the characters, it’s excellent.
    I’d recommend giving it a few more episodes.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I was slow getting into it as well (although my wife and sons loved it from the beginning).
    Once you come to understand what’s going on and know some the the characters, it’s excellent.
    I almost certainly will as long as the weather remains absolute shit.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

My Gun Is Quick

A 1950's noir detective movie with the great Mike Hammer character. I love Spillane's books and Hammer is IMO one of the great figures in modern American literature. This is not one of the more popular film versions of Hammer, and is often compared poorly in relation to Kiss Me Deadly (which is a terrific move for sure), but My Gun Is Quick is more logical to me, and Robert Bray is pretty convincing as a legit tough guy.

It is currently on Amazon Prime
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    My Gun Is Quick

A 1950's noir detective movie with the great Mike Hammer character. I love Spillane's books and Hammer is IMO one of the great figures in modern American literature. This is not one of the more popular film versions of Hammer, and is often compared poorly in relation to Kiss Me Deadly (which is a terrific move for sure), but My Gun Is Quick is more logical to me, and Robert Bray is pretty convincing as a legit tough guy.

It is currently on Amazon Prime
    Robert Bray was, IMO, over-emoting, even for a film-noir production. I found it campy and enjoyed the film, I'd never seen it before.

Just finished watching Lethal Weapon on one of the HBO or SHO channels. I've watched it one or two times over the years and I guess I had forgotten how badly Gibson closes his eyes and flinches when he fires the blank pistol. Lethal Weapon 2 was immediately following, but I wasn't interested enough to see if he had cured his problem.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Wife and I thought it was awful, forced and completely lacking a reasonable basis to continue past the first several minutes which we'll never get back.
    It's basically a retread of "Clue," and as such was pretty much intentionally absurd. My wife and I were not super impressed either. I think most of the actors did a good job of being absurd, but that's about all you can really say for it.

This. It took a bit of time to get into it - probably 5-6 episodes into the first season - but then I was super hooked. The world building is sort of a "plop you in and let you catch up" style and I did have to stop and explain to my wife a few times (probably because she was on her phone while "watching").

If nothing else, the amount of use that gatling guns get used in space combat is awesome.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    This. It took a bit of time to get into it - probably 5-6 episodes into the first season - but then I was super hooked. The world building is sort of a "plop you in and let you catch up" style and I did have to stop and explain to my wife a few times (probably because she was on her phone while "watching").

If nothing else, the amount of use that gatling guns get used in space combat is awesome.
    And I find that I like (and relate to) Amos more each season. I didn’t think so initially, but my favorite character in the series.

Good stuff.

And I find that I like (and relate to) Amos more each season. I didn’t think so initially, but my favorite character in the series.

Good stuff.
    Amos is my favorite too! I like we got some back story on him. He’s an interesting cat.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List