Page 667 of 819 FirstFirst ... 167567617657665666667668669677717767 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,670 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Am I pissing you off-fa-fa?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    That bit was hilarious (skip ahead to 1:23 for it, if you don't want to see the initial bit.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Site Supporter
    Just finished the last season of Adam 12. Easily the greatest cop show of all time.

I've been watching this You Tube series like I would a TV show (i.e. on my tv screen) and it has been quite good: Defragged History: The Eighty Years War

Each episode is over an hour long (thus watching it on the tv screen from the couch as if I were watching a regular show) and covers The Dutch War of Independence in enormous detail. If you like to take a deep dive into history (and in this case one of the lesser known but most pivotal wars in Europe), you will enjoy this documentary series; the visuals are excellent, the narrator has a good sense of humor, the detail is superb and it manages to make sense of a very confusing period of European history.

I very much recommend it.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    An Inspector Calls.

Set in England in 1912, a police inspector arrives to question an upper-crust English family following the suicide of a young woman.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

"Black Sea" on Netflix. Jude Law skippers an old sub that goes beneath the Russian Fleet in the Black Sea to recover gold from a sunken Nazi sub. Half the crew is American/British, half is Russian. Lots of conflict between the two groups. Pretty good movie.

Feb 15 is the last day to watch it on Netflix.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

We continued our old sci-fi series with "World Without End", 1956. Don't bother. It was on the "just plain bad' side of the 'bad enough to be fun" line. ;-)

Our Heroes are thrown into the future, where the post-apocalyptic survivors include babes in short skirts and heels. https://retrorockets.wordpress.com/2...d-without-end/

Name:  World.JPG
Views: 309
Size:  48.7 KB

There's a Kirk moment:

Name:  Kirk.JPG
Views: 293
Size:  15.0 KB

The one claim to fame is that famed pin-up artist Alberto Vargas did a poster for the movie.

Name:  vargas.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  47.3 KB

There are a lot of cheesy "space babes" movies from this era: Cat Women of the Moon, Fire Maidens from Outer Space, etc. If you want a great(?) example try "Queen of Outer Space" with Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Name:  queen.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  77.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Final season of Ozark was pretty good.
    I'd have rated it great except that the conclusion was very rushed.
    Not so "conclusive" as the end of season three?...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Not so "conclusive" as the end of season three?...
    Apparently, they only released half of the final season... There are another 7? episodes coming...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Apparently, they only released half of the final season... There are another 7? episodes coming...
    Maybe we should wait, since we tend to work our way right to the end of whatever is available.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post

There are a lot of cheesy "space babes" movies from this era: Cat Women of the Moon, Fire Maidens from Outer Space, etc. If you want a great(?) example try "Queen of Outer Space" with Zsa Zsa Gabor.
    In the 80's there was kind of a resurgence of cheesy B-movies:

Slave Girls from Beyond Infinity

Name:  slavegirlsfrombeyondinfinity.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  67.6 KB

Assault of the Killer Bimbos

Name:  assaultofthekillerbimbos.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  42.8 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List