Page 791 of 819 FirstFirst ... 291691741781789790791792793801 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,910 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    I thought the NYPD detective leaving the concealment/cover of a vehicle and charging 3 bad guys was very realistic though. Ahem. And the ability of these vehicles to shrug off bullet strikes! Wow!
    I was initally excited to watch Reacher, but I didn't even make it through one episode. I liked the first couple seasons of Jack Ryan, but it's wearing on me. I could suspend my annoyance (that Jack is nothing like Jack and Greer is nothing like Greer) when the story was good, but it's diminishing.

I've watched and enjoyed three seasons of Narcos. Recently watched all of the Fauda seasons. Narcos and Fauda were what I would watch on the eliptical. No one has ever accused me of being a gym rat, so those shows were done well enough and action-oriented enough to distract me and keep me from watching the timer during the workout. I need a replacement for that genre. Interesting and reasonably well done (or better) action-oriented shows, preferably in multiple seasons. Feel free to share your suggestions. I watched Caliphate on Netflix. Only one season, and, though it was a bit of a let-down, I did enjoy it and would watch more it it existed.

I'd really love to have more Fauda seasons drop, but that's not going to happen anytime soon, for all of the obvious, and in some cases, tragic, reasons. I should look and see if theres a pf Fauda thread...

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    Interesting and reasonably well done (or better) action-oriented shows, preferably in multiple seasons. Feel free to share your suggestions.
    If you don't mind the superhero genre, I'm only into season 2 of Daredevil (formerly on Netflix, now on Disney), but I'm enjoying it. It's a "street-level superhero" show (and I was a big fan on the comics on which it's based), with some pretty gritty action. I've heard that the Punisher spin-off is similarly good.

For something old-school, you might want to check out the original Magnum, P.I. series. I recently watched the first couple seasons, and it's not as goofy as you might remember, it fact, Magnum is downright stone-cold at times.

Last edited by Guerrero; 01-09-2024 at 10:13 AM.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Daredevil and Fauda were pretty good. We gave up on Netflix though. All the Israeli based shows are going to have a world change. Same with novels about Israeli super agents. I wonder if the next Gabriel Alon book was thrown in the trash as the entire Israeli world changed.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

I watched all four+ hours of this documentary on first-person shooter video games Sunday night and last night. Maybe 2.5 hours of that was on FPSes in the 90's, which was when I was really into them. Nostalgia injected directly into my veins. A+ highly recommend if that's you also.

DogCaller if you enjoyed Narcos you might take a look at Queen of the South.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    If you don't mind the superhero genre, I'm only into season 2 of Daredevil (formerly on Netflix, now on Disney), but I'm enjoying it. It's a "street-level superhero" show (and I was a big fan on the comics on which it's based), with some pretty gritty action. I've heard that the Punisher spin-off is similarly good.

For something old-school, you might want to check out the original Magnum, P.I. series. I recently watched the first couple seasons, and it's not as goofy as you might remember, it fact, Magnum is downright stone-cold at times.

Thanks! I should have mentioned, I can't do sci-fi/fantasy/horror/superhero stuff. My family likes all of that, but not me. Good to hear that Magnum aged well--I'll give it a look----it's been, well, 30+ years!

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    (that Jack is nothing like Jack and Greer is nothing like Greer)
    Wendell Pierce is a great actor, but he ain't never ever gonna not be Bunk...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Wendell Pierce is a great actor, but he ain't never ever gonna not be Bunk...
    Just a humble motherfucker with a big dick.

Just finished Jack Ryan S4.
    At the end of the hearing (not really a spoiler...) it reminded me of something I had seen before...

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Just a humble motherfucker with a big dick.
    Yeah, I like the actor, he just doesn't fit the role. James Earl Jones claimed it.

User Tag List