Page 506 of 819 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516556606 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Saw “Predator” the other night. Obscure Schwarzenegger flick that I’d never heard of. Lots of violence, shooting, profanity and the like. Not my cup of tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Watched True Romance finally. Gary Oldman's awesome performance was the best thing about the movie.

Rented The Outpost after reading Clint Romesha's book Red Platoon. Pretty close and faithful to the book except for a few annoying PC hollywoodizations.

When the apaches first come to the rescue a woman pilots voice comes over the radio when all the pilots in reality were men (have to get that feminism in there) and you could tell the director/producer were being very careful about their portrayal of Captain Brower given the current racial tensions. He was largely blamed for several failures in later investigations of the incident. Also the actor that played Ty Carter (the other MoH recipient) made him look like a total slack jaw yokel which is an unfair portrayal.

Otherwise, pretty decent film that gives credit to those poor cav troopers stuck in the tactically awful outpost keating amidst a complete onslaught by the Taliban.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Saw “Predator” the other night. Obscure Schwarzenegger flick that I’d never heard of. Lots of violence, shooting, profanity and the like. Not my cup of tea.

I think the score of a film has a BIG impact on the viewing experience. "Predator" has one of the best scores ever. IMO, it is right up there with "The Magnificent Seven" by Elmer Bernstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Watched True Romance finally. Gary Oldman's awesome performance was the best thing about the movie.
    GREAT movie! Amazing cast. Brilliant Tarantino writing, without his self-indulgent directing. One of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    One of my favorites. Oldman was wonderful but so was Hopper. But the best thing about the movie is Walken’s P7M13.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Watched a couple episodes of "Hunters". I found it wanting on many levels and could not continue with the series. It was a bad, cartoonish production and it did not properly honor the memory of those lost during the holocaust, (and took liberties with history it shouldn't have), imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’m with you, @blues. We gave “Hunters” a fair shake, but I couldn’t shake the feeling that we were watching a comic book. Gave up after 2 or 3 episodes.
    We've watched the first two episodes of Hunters this week. I can feel the wife getting annoyed with the "comic book feel" you guys reference. I personally like it and I find it kind of a Scott Pilgrim feel, albeit more subtly so.

I'm not sure I'm connecting with any of the characters yet (oddly the young Nazi kid is the most intriguing, while obviously repellent). The only one I was starting to like on the "good guys" side just got killed I think...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Just finished up S2 of Hanna on Amazon Prime. 8 episodes this season .

I enjoyed it. Worth the time IMHO.

Taking a journey tonight back to some of America's finest cinema... Conan the Barbarian

User Tag List