Page 501 of 817 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 8166

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    Heads up: The Town is free on Netflix. If you haven't seen it: near-perfect bank robbery film starring Ben Affleck and Jeremy Renner. You can also catch Public Enemies on the same platform--Michael Mann does a John Dillinger movie.
    "The Town"...an excellent movie. John Hamm, Titus Welliver, and Rebecca Hall too.

Site Supporter
    I have seen Public Enemy, Den of Thieves and Patriot Day in the last few weeks.

I mentioned them in the order of quality and my personal affection for the movies.

My soon to be 21 yr old twins have very little frame of reference re Johnny Depp outside of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Donnie Brasco needs to be watched with them I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    "It's a fugazi!"

One of the agents in my old group was close with Joe Pistone, the agent the movie is based upon. He had a small role in the movie playing a henchman outside the club in South FL.

(I've spoken with Pistone on the phone but never met him.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Warrior Nun, on Netflix, mildly amusing. Devil and angels fight in Rome. Young girl gets powers. No one is who you think. Action sequences are ok, nothing impressive. Some stupid shotgun racking.

If you are a fan of Roman Catholicism, seriously, might find this offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Warrior Nun, on Netflix, mildly amusing. Devil and angels fight in Rome. Young girl gets powers. No one is who you think. Action sequences are ok, nothing impressive. Some stupid shotgun racking.

If you are a fan of Roman Catholicism, seriously, might find this offensive.
    Possibly. I’m a big fan of the original comic, but am not particularly trusting of baby-hating Netflix’s ability to preserve its very pro-Church ethos. Odds are good they just turned it into softcore fetish pr0n.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I was in a true crime mood last night and found a series on Amazon called Home Alone, except it's not about Kevin McCallister spoiling the holiday plans of the Wet Bandits.

It's about real life home invasions with reenactments and commentary from the victims/survivors. It's basically a what-not-to-do-in-the-event-of-a-home-invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I have seen Public Enemy, Den of Thieves and Patriot Day in the last few weeks.

I mentioned them in the order of quality and my personal affection for the movies.

My soon to be 21 yr old twins have very little frame of reference re Johnny Depp outside of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Coincidentally, also on Netflix! Other fine Johnny Depp: From Hell, Sleepy Hollow, Blow, Once Upon a Time In Mexico, The Tourist, and Transcendence. He was also in Tusk, a wonderfully fantastically weird horror film--and I am willing to bet that you will not recognize him. I will also confess that I enjoyed Sweeney Todd, and that I occasionally hum "My Friends" when taking my guns out after a longish hiatus.

Also, VC, you got the list right. I haven't seen Patriot Day, but it just stinks of post-War On Terror cinema.

---

Currently watching: Splice--Adrian Brody was a very, very bad boy.

Trying to watch The Punisher Netflix series. Typical action movie-quality gun handling, feels very much like a network TV show--that sort of cheap, plastic-y, shallow feel. Too episodic. I'm probably going to keep watching it anyway, like a dog returning to its vomit, but I'm going to be ashamed.

Watching "Saving Private Ryan",(again), because 'Murica.

I don't have adequate words for the real brave souls who shed their blood for our country "over there".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Watching "Saving Private Ryan",(again), because 'Murica.

I don't have adequate words for the real brave souls who shed their blood for our country "over there".
    <thread drift>
    I've been re-reading Rick Atkinson's Liberation Trilogy and just started the third book, The Guns at Last Light, which starts with the Normandy invasion and finishes with the end of WWII. The stuff those guys waded into...damn.
    </thread drift>

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    <thread drift>
    I've been re-reading Rick Atkinson's Liberation Trilogy and just started the third book, The Guns at Last Light, which starts with the Normandy invasion and finishes with the end of WWII. The stuff those guys waded into...damn.
    </thread drift>
    I've read a lot of books over the years about the landings. And it's like a fresh wound every time I read about it. Humbling, to say the least.

User Tag List