Page 707 of 817 FirstFirst ... 207607657697705706707708709717757807 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,070 of 8164

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Theo Von: Regular People(Netflix) -- If you like stand-up comedy, watch Theo Von. I laughed so much that I had to pause it because I kept missing stuff.

A short clip:
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    "Prey" on HULU. This is the latest addition to the "Predator" franchise.
    Name:  Prey.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  9.0 KB
    I'm about half-way through it and it's crap. Takes place in 1719 and focus on a native American girl who wants to be a hunter and a warrior. None of the men take her seriously and, of course, pay the price for it. No surprise it's left to her to eventually kick some predator booty.
    It starts out slow with crappy CGI.
    Believe me, you've got better things to do with your life.

Site Supporter
    Thirteen Lives on Amazon was pretty good. It's about the rescue of the kids in the Thai cave in 2018.

A touch long, but compelling, with good performances by Viggo Mortensen and Colin Farrell.
    We all know how it ends, of course.

But still, it really made me want to take up cave diving as a fun hobby.
    Nope.

I saw Them / They this morning. Interesting take on an 80s like slasher film.

It was eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    "Prey" on HULU. This is the latest addition to the "Predator" franchise.
    Name:  Prey.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  9.0 KB
    I'm about half-way through it and it's crap. Takes place in 1719 and focus on a native American girl who wants to be a hunter and a warrior. None of the men take her seriously and, of course, pay the price for it. No surprise it's left to her to eventually kick some predator booty.
    It starts out slow with crappy CGI.
    Believe me, you've got better things to do with your life.
    Bummer but ya I figured. Way past Shark Jump for the franchise but still too bad.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    "Bullet Train" was good, stupid fun.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Frequently Asked Questions about Time Travel - a UK comedy on Hbo about time travel when three losers in a pub fall through time portals. Very funny.

Public Enemies by Michael Mann

I enjoyed it the second time quite a bit more than the initial viewing. Depp nails Dillinger and the rest of the cast is spot on as well. Mann's trademark violent messy gunbattles were particularly well done and the sound design was extraordinary. The Little Bohemia battle was downright visceral with the effects and sounds of .45s and ought six slamming into the ground, trees and the steel cars.
    Stephen Lang and Don Frye(remember that monster in the UFC?) almost steal the show as FBI gunfighters Winstead and Hurt. Frye has almost no lines, just his face is a character.

I'm now rereading the book it was based upon.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Public Enemies by Michael Mann

I enjoyed it the second time quite a bit more than the initial viewing. Depp nails Dillinger and the rest of the cast is spot on as well. Mann's trademark violent messy gunbattles were particularly well done and the sound design was extraordinary. The Little Bohemia battle was downright visceral with the effects and sounds of .45s and ought six slamming into the ground, trees and the steel cars.
    Stephen Lang and Don Frye(remember that monster in the UFC?) almost steal the show as FBI gunfighters Winstead and Hurt. Frye has almost no lines, just his face is a character.

I'm now rereading the book it was based upon.
    I noticed the same thing regarding multiple viewings. I actually didn’t like the movie when I saw it the first time. I watched it again last year to see if I just missed something and loved it. I’m going to pick up the book too. I really enjoyed reading Days of Rage so I think I’ll like this one.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I noticed the same thing regarding multiple viewings. I actually didn’t like the movie when I saw it the first time. I watched it again last year to see if I just missed something and loved it. I’m going to pick up the book too. I really enjoyed reading Days of Rage so I think I’ll like this one.
    It's very in depth. Days of Rage should be on everyone's list. It's unbelievable how all that recent history is simply forgotten. And very disheartening that all those terrorists ended up as cultural heroes of the Left and political influencers at the highest levels.

User Tag List