Page 581 of 817 FirstFirst ... 81481531571579580581582583591631681 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,810 of 8164

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Terrifying.

The Little Things on HBO Max...very meh.
    Denzel is good, but comes off as tired as his character. Rami Malek seems like he's channeling Benicio Del Toro and is not believable as the homicide wiz kid of the department. The ending is ambiguous, which I friggin' hate and see as weak writing whenever it's done.
    So, yeah, meh...at best.

Site Supporter
    Banacek is on IMDB right now which I get with Amazon so I've been reliving the '70s. I have also been revisiting noir movies, particularly ones with Bogart like The Big Sleep and A Lonely Place.

I'd much rather watch an older movie or show I haven't seen than waste time on a newly released one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    The Little Things on HBO Max...very meh.
    Denzel is good, but comes off as tired as his character. Rami Malek seems like he's channeling Benicio Del Toro and is not believable as the homicide wiz kid of the department. The ending is ambiguous, which I friggin' hate and see as weak writing whenever it's done.
    So, yeah, meh...at best.

Agreed. Nothing to see here. But if you need to kill a couple of hours...there are worse things one can do.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I love my wife.

I love my wife so much that I watched both "After" and "After We Collided" on Netflix with her. They're both like fan-fic young-adult versions of "50 Shades of Grey," but without the nudity and kinky sex. And yes, that's just as bad as it sounds. They didn't even have the decency to get the wife sufficiently turned-on.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

The Leftovers on HBOmax.

2% of Humanity disappears in an instant. Is it the Rapture? But why are some of the Raptured criminals, wife beaters, drug addicts? Scientists find no correlation

of anything among the disappeared. Religion, age, life history, nothing.

3 years later the story begins with a society still coming to grips with the event.

Sounds like an interesting concept. I made it 3 and one half episodes before just stopping. It's well made, good cast...but it goes nowhere.

Reading about it the series apparently(over 3 seasons) never went anywhere.

The first season is nothing but grief.

Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    The Leftovers on HBOmax.

2% of Humanity disappears in an instant. Is it the Rapture? But why are some of the Raptured criminals, wife beaters, drug addicts? Scientists find no correlation

of anything among the disappeared. Religion, age, life history, nothing.

3 years later the story begins with a society still coming to grips with the event.

Sounds like an interesting concept. I made it 3 and one half episodes before just stopping. It's well made, good cast...but it goes nowhere.

Reading about it the series apparently(over 3 seasons) never went anywhere.

The first season is nothing but grief.

Pass.
    We didn't make it as far as you did.

Site Supporter
    Watched the latest episode of The Expanse. Still enjoying it but this season much more complicated as the crew is split among 4 different locations all with different subplots but connected back to one plot.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Insert Coin (Amazon) - A fun, informal oral history of the heyday of Midway Games, including insight into the development of NARC, the Terminator 2 shooter, Mortal Kombat, and NBA Jam. Curiously absent is Ed Boon, but so many other major players are interviewed you don't miss him much. Anyone who fondly remembers arcades during the late 80's and 90's will probably find themselves watching this more than once.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

The Bureau.

Halfway through the first season (of five) and it is outstanding. Actually makes one think the way an intelligence operative would have to under the set of circumstances presented.

Complex, intelligent and subtle. I hope it stays this good throughout the run.

(French with subtitles.)

User Tag List