Page 701 of 819 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703711751801 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,010 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Looked like Leaphorn had dump pouches on his belt at one point. Cool how they did run out of ammo at points, and it wasn't an endless gunfight.

While I agree this isn't the most faithful portrayel of the Chee character, overall I really liked it. Really like the actor who played Joe. Liked him in Longmire too.
    Based on Sunday's, episode, it seems that Officer Manuelito carries a Colt Trooper. Agent Whitover said that he was carrying a 9mm, @Bruce Cartwright can tell us whether FBI agents were authorized to carry 9mm handguns back in 1971. Chee, now wearing a FBI badge, seems to have a short-barreled revolver on his belt.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Also down to the last episode (of the last season?) of the Expanse. Quite the roaming trip to get from the first season to this one, but assuming this is the last season I'm liking the way they are wrapping things up. Of course, last episode could tank the whole thing...
    Did not disappoint. That is all.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I’m not too enamored of this interpretation of the Jim Chee character.
    I'm also not fond of the black magic element that's in the storyline.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Re-watching The Americans on Amasomething Prime....

If you grew up in the 80s, with the commie scare, the Russian threat, Rambo....

It is worth it. Not necessarily realistic, but very, very enjoyable.

pat
    Just wrapped season 3 again. The espionage stuff, willing suspension of disbelief. The character development and acting are pretty awesome....

pat

Just started watching The Terror. I read the book last year and was very impressed with it, and after two episodes of the AMC show I'm cautiously hopeful. They have thus far done a great job with the visuals and the atmosphere, hopefully that continues as it was a huge part of what made the book so engrossing.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Just started watching The Terror. I read the book last year and was very impressed with it, and after two episodes of the AMC show I'm cautiously hopeful. They have thus far done a great job with the visuals and the atmosphere, hopefully that continues as it was a huge part of what made the book so engrossing.
    Dan Simmons is a wordsmith. Bit of a thread drift here, but if you haven't read his Hyperion Cantos, I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Dan Simmons is a wordsmith. Bit of a thread drift here, but if you haven't read his Hyperion Cantos, I highly recommend it.
    "Later gator"...

Just went old school and watched UFC 1. Gracie is a beast. I remember watching it at a bar in college and couldn’t believe how the smallest guy did the most butt kicking.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

X-files!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'm also not fond of the black magic element that's in the storyline.
    I will differ with you; I like a little "weirdness" in my stories. It's part of what made the first season of "True Detective" so good (although most of that was psychological).

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    X-files!
    Where?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List